Information Technology Intern
- Post Date:March 18, 2021
- Views 290
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Health Care
The 5-year USAID funded Integrated Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Family Planning (MNCH-FP) program in Zimbabwe’s goal is to improve maternal, youth and child health and survival in beneficiary communities and populations. The geographic focus is the seven districts of Manicaland Province, focusing on activities to increase the demand and supply of integrated, quality MNCH-FP services as well delivery of family planning services through outreach in 8 provinces. This project provides Technical Assistance (TA) to the MOHCC in Manicaland for MNCH and direct service delivery for Family Planning through outreach services.
The Information and Technology internship is a 6-month internship. This role requires an energetic, dedicated and detail-oriented person who can manage multiple tasks. This individual is a team-player, willing to learn and able to manage multiple tasks while adapting to shifting priorities. They will assist the Senior IT Officer with desktop support, troubleshooting desktop hardware/software problems, and carrying out projects as assigned in a culturally diverse environment. Properly document support, repair, and project activities using a helpdesk ticketing system.
Duties and responsibilities
The Intern will work under the direct supervision of the Senior IT Officer with the Finance and Operations Managers as a secondary supervisor to perform the following key roles:
- Perform routine PC maintenance and updates for performance efficiency.
- Supervise and process help desk support requests.
- Assist in maintaining Internet service, firewalls, and telephone systems.
- Initiate process improvements to better answer user demands.
- Ask questions and get information in order to diagnose computer problems and discern what level of support is needed when a problem is presented.
- Provide technical assistance to office staff as needed.
- Assist in software and hardware upgrades.
- Add or update workstations for office staff.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously, but also able to recognize when you are in over your head.
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2016, Windows 7, And Windows 10 in a domain environment.
- Some familiarity with confidentiality requirements in a pseudo medical setting.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Qualifications and Requirements:
- The ideal candidate is a recent undergraduate (within the past year) or an undergraduate student (attachment year) in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Knowledgeable in MS Active Directory structure, Software installations, backup and archive.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Printer and system maintenance.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
To apply, ”CLICK HERE”
Deadline: 22 March 2021