Information Technology Consultant
- Post Date:April 24, 2021
- Views 464
- Career Level ConsultantIndustry ICT
To assist staff and students in using all forms of IT equipment in the institution as well as the running and development of the institutional IT infrastructure. The consultant will be responsible to the Finance and Administration Officer of the institution and liaising with all staff and students.
An independent vocational training institution in Chitungwiza is looking to hire the services of an IT Consultant who will be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring that users get maximum benefits from them. The organisation is increasingly relying on computer systems in all areas of their operations and decision-making processes. Currently it is operating with no servers, 10 desktop computers, 11 laptops and 5 printers. A virtual learning platform (VLP) has been set up to enable the institution to offer hybrid training to its students. It has therefore become crucial to ensure the correct running and maintenance of its IT systems
Objective of the Consultancy
To evaluate the institution’s IT systems to help them meet their business objectives. They are required to provide 1st and 2nd line support to staff and students and are expected to deal with the more difficult technical support queries and also get involved in technical aspects of larger institutional IT projects.
Scope of Work
Their primary duties include analysing and diagnosing a company’s IT infrastructure, understanding the institution’s business needs, and designing and implementing a technology solution.
- Providing first and second line technical support for staff and students
- Creation of new user accounts, including user folders and shares
- Diagnosing user faults e.g., logon issues, profile faults, permission errors
- Email configuration and mailbox creation
- Train all users (staff and students) in the use of IT equipment and VLP.
- Configuration and installation of new/replacement PC, server, and peripheral hardware, including printers, whiteboards, projectors, scanners etc.
- Installation and support of new networking hardware e.g., switches, wireless access points
- Network fault diagnosis
- Provide Audio\Visual equipment support for institutional events, both internal and external
- Support the installed applications assisting in diagnosing software faults
- Manage and update access control systems
- Perform patch/upgrade testing as part of the institution’s patch management process.
- Ensure security of IT infrastructure maintenance/ monitoring of antivirus, patching and networking monitoring
- Undertake proactive research into system upgrades
- Management and configuration of the institutional wireless LAN and telephone systems.
- Log and respond to calls on the helpdesk and where required escalate to third parties in consultation with the institution’s management
- Provide telephone, email and face to face support
- Design and implement technical projects
- Write and maintain system documentation
- Maintain a clean and organised working environment at all times
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers as requested
- To arrange for the digital recording of TV and other media encoding as requested by staff, ensuring full compliance with licensing agreements.
- Assist in other areas of the IT network as required: monitor/maintain web filtering & security devices, procure equipment.
- Liaise with external support suppliers to resolve issues as required in consultation with management.
- Backup and recovery of data (subject to the client providing the recommended hardware and software resources)
- Redundancy and disaster recovery planning
- Replace parts as required
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
OUTPUTS, DELIVERABLES, AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
The service provider, shall assist users with all ICT related issues. The service provider is required to ensure data integrity, available and confidentiality. The institution will require the service provider to perform a weekly visit to check on systems, perform backups and assist users. The service provider shall produce a monthly report of work done and recommendations accordingly. A monthly retainer fee will be paid at an agreement amount.
Submit to [email protected] before end of day 27 April 2021