Information Systems Security Analyst
- Post Date:April 13, 2021
- Views 342
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry ICT
Reference Number : Tel20214829
Reporting To: Information Systems Head
To develop, implement, test and review TelOne’s information security systems to protect information and prevent unauthorized access. Advice users and system developers on security measures, explain potential threats, install software, implement security measures and monitor networks.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Development Of TelOne Information Security Policies, Standards And Procedures
- Provides Security Support On Front Line Defence And Testing Of Networks During Deployment And As Well As Security Tests Of Developed Applications.
- Continuous Analysing And Assessing Potential Security Risks By Developing Plans To Deal With Such Incidents E.G. Firewalls And Encryption.
- Assist Development And Implementation Of An Incident Reporting And Response System To Address Security Breaches, Incidents And Respond To Alleged Policy Violations Or Complaints From External Parties.
- Assists Development And Implementation Of Risk Assessment Program Targeting Information Security And Privacy Matters, Recommend Methods For Vulnerability Detection And Remediation And Oversee Vulnerability Testing
- Monitor And Analyse Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) To Identify Security Issues For Remediation.
- Ensures The Integrity And Protection Of Networks, Systems, And Applications By Technical Enforcement Of Organizational Security Policies, Through Monitoring Of Vulnerability Scanning Devices.
- Implements Recommendations Of The Periodic System Audits And Vulnerability Assessments, Including User Accounts, Application Access, File System And External Web Integrity Scans To Determine Compliance.
- Coordinates The Development And Delivery Of An Education And Training Program On Information Security And Privacy Matters For Employees
- Keep Abreast With Latest Security And Privacy Legislation, Regulations, Advisories, Alerts And Vulnerabilities Pertaining To TelOne ICTs.
- Complete All Related Tasks As When Necessary.
Qualification And Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree In Computer Science, Computer Engineering Or An Information Security Degree Or Closely Related Degree.
- Should Have ICT Security Experience Of A Similar Nature
- Certified Ethical Hacker V8 Or Equivalent ICT Security Certification
- CCNA Certification An Added Advantage
- Membership To A Professional Body Will Be An Added Advantage.
- Experience In Developing And Administering An Information Security Program Is Desirable.
- Minimum 2 Years In Information Security, Information Technology Or Related Field
- High Level Data Analytical Skills.
- Good Presentation Skills.
- Computer Literate.
- Strong Verbal And Written Communication Skills.
- High Level Of Attention To Detail And Interpersonal Skills..
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to be considered for the above posts, please apply using the “Apply Now” tab below not later than 16 April 2021; if you face any application challenges on the platform, please contact our Human Resources team on [email protected].
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
Please note that Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.