Information Management Officer, Rooted in Trust
- Post Date:September 8, 2021
- Views 305
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Rooted in Trust project works to combat COVID-19 rumors and misinformation in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Iraq, Zimbabwe, Colombia, Brazil, Mali, DRC, Sudan and South Sudan. We work to create impact at the local level and inform approaches to rumor management at the global level. The project is supported by a Global Technical Advisory team made up of media, humanitarian, data science and information management experts. In Phase 1 of the project, we collected more than 19 thousand rumors in 14 languages and supported more than 30 local trusted information providers. In this critical phase of the pandemic, we will build on these efforts to listen and respond to the information challenges faced by vulnerable groups in humanitarian contexts, encouraging open dialogue between citizens and scientists and stronger and more collaborative partnerships between information providers (such as local media) and humanitarian and health sources.
About the opportunity
The Information Management Officer (IMO) is responsible for ensuring optimal practices in data collection and storage. The IMO will work closely with the Data Analyst and project partners to collect, understand and respond to rumor data. The IMO will be responsible for helping to train and mentor partners in Internews’ Social Media Listening methodologies (including data collection), as well as overseeing data quality, cleaning and storage practices and supporting the Data Analyst to visualize data trends.
This is a remote-first position. The ideal candidate is based in Zimbabwe. You must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive changes in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socio-economic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Collate and clean up data from different data streams (face-to-face, listening groups, social media, local media, etc.) to enable consistent, continous data analysis;
- Provide training to relevant partners to improve qualitative data collection;
- Ensure timely, consistent and accurate documentation of data to help turn qualitative data into useful content for vulnerable populations;
- Provide regular updates to the Data Analyst on relevant topics and trends, and support the editorial processes that turn data trends into engaging content for target audiences;
- Support the Data Analyst to create appealing visuals to communicate data findings;
- Supporting Monitoring and Evaluation activities to assess impact, reach and quality of the ongoing project;
- Support the project lead with other tasks as and when needed; and
- Understanding of and demonstrating commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong research, information management, and/or monitoring and evaluation skills in development/humanitarian contexts
- An understanding of basic data quality and cleaning processes
- Strong data management skills, including a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong Excell skills
- Experience designing and visualizing qualitative data in reports
- Flluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in spoken Ndebele and Shona an added advantage
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of and commitment towards the editorial values of the project
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, a good prolem-solver, good humored and flexible
- Creativity and curiosity
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, teamwork, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Awareness of, and familarity with, the issues and dynamics of the COVID-19 response in Zimbabwe and/or other health crises in humanitarian contexts a strong asset, but not required
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Deadline: 17 September 2021
Related Jobs (32)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract