Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Specialist
- Post Date:May 30, 2022
- Views 459
- Career Level SpecialistQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry ICT
Duty Station: Harare
Contract Duration: 1 year Renewal subject to availability of funding
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organisation that specialises in Population health research and programming, including on sexual and reproductive health and HIV / AIDS. CeSHHAR has an extensive national, regional, and international academic and community partnership. CeSHHAR has a diverse range of funders which include the Wellcome Trust, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, United States NIH, UK Medical Research Council, Templeton World Charity Foundation, USAID, Global Fund for AIDS TB and Malaria, UNICEF and UNFPA. We partner very closely with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (UK; opportunities for joint appointment exist), Zimbabwe’s Ministry of Health and Child Care and international and regional centres of research excellence to rigorously evaluate national programmes and determine the impact, uptake, and cost effectiveness of novel reproductive health interventions. See more of CeSHHAR’s work on our website: http://ceshhar.org/
Under the overall and direct supervision of the ICT / Data Lead, the ICT Specialist will be responsible for supporting all nationwide information and communications technology requirements of CeSHHAR; The incumbent will be required to perform the following key tasks:
- Assisting the ICT / Data Director in budgetary planning and implementation of short and long-term projects;
- Producing detailed reports on the effectiveness of the technology;
- Keep abreast of technology trends and discern which offer solid, appropriate, cost-effective ICT solutions to the organization;
- Making recommendations for improvements and growth of IT systems and infrastructure;
- Supervising the installation, maintenance and repair of all computer hardware;
- Configuration of server hardware, access points, routers and ensuring a secure and efficient physical and virtual network;
- Manage system infrastructure including databases, testing computer equipment, firewalls, malware and other related software and hardware;
- Provide organizational technical support for both hardware and software issues that may arise;
- Monitor the system daily and respond quickly to any security breaches or usability concerns;
- Scheduling regular preventative maintenance to safeguard ICT equipment (personal computers, servers, printers, and other related equipment);
- Back up systems and verify that backups have been completed and can be restored for disaster recovery;
- Design, installation and maintenance of the organization’s network infrastructure (LAN, WLAN and VPN and all network related devices)
- ; Implementing, enforcing network controls and monitoring performance;
- Undertakes additional duties at the discretion of the ICT/Data Lead and Executive Director.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science;
- 5 years relevant experience working at a similar level;
- Cisco certified network professional (CCNP);
- Certification in IT Security / Cloud Computing added advantage for example Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert;
- PowerShell/Linux scripting.
Skills, knowledge and ability
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of client profiles;
- Evaluate, plan, migrate, deploy, and manage Microsoft 365 services including O365 security and threat management;
- Proven experience exercising leadership functions with increasing responsibility in Information Technology;
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols;
- Linux OS, open-source software setup and customization;
- Microsoft domain controller & active directory server, setup, and administration;
- DHIS2 and REDCap installation and customization a distinct advantage;
- Flexibility and ability to manage change and cope with work pressure;
- Good organizational skills, communication, interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV and application cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager and send to [email protected] Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.