Information and Communications Officer
- Post Date:January 13, 2021
- Views 415
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
The Forum for African Women Educationalists – Zimbabwe Chapter (FAWEZI) is one of the 33 National Chapters in Africa affiliated to the FAWE Africa network. FAWE is a Pan-African non-governmental organization founded in 1992 and based in Nairobi, Kenya. FAWEZI is a Private Voluntary Organization whose vision is that of a nation where gender disparities in education are significantly reduced, with more girls having access to education, completing their studies, and performing well at all levels. FAWEZI is committed to creating positive societal attitudes that reinforce and influence educational policies in order to promote gender equity in schools, at district, provincial and national levels through advocacy, lobbying, and networking with all relevant stakeholders.
Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Curate relevant content to reach the FAWEZI’s ideal stakeholders;
- Oversee design (i.e: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pictures, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog);
- Manage all published content (images, video and written);
- Conduct online advocacy;
- Produce a newsletter on a quarterly basis;
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts;
- Initiate media advocacy and writing of articles on FAWEZI projects;
- Work with Programmes officers to develop a calendar for local, international, regional commemorations and come up with activities for marking the days;
- Documentation of projects:
- Able to produce write-ups for pamphlets and develop good case studies to showcase FAWEZI work;
- Support the development of a tool for documenting and publicizing FAWEZI interventions.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Degree in Media Studies /Journalism/Marketing/ Business Communication/Public Relations or any qualification in Mass Communication with a reputable university;
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role in an environment working in media and publicity;
- The candidate should display in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.);
- The candidate should have a qualification or experience in photography, videography, graphic design, and video editing;
- They should be honest, a team player, be able to take the initiative when necessary;
- Ability to think strategically and to identify opportunities that FAWEZI should exploit;
- Good interpersonal, communication and advocacy skills;
- Excellent public relations and ability to network; Computer literacy, particularly in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
The applicant should:
- Be intrinsically motivated and be a self-starter;
- Be innovative and able to think outside the box;
- Have a strong interest in girl’s education;
- Have an excellent command of English (other local languages are an added advantage);
- Ready to work outside office hours; Be able to work in a team.
- Six Months with a possibility of extension
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications should submit their application letters, CVs (max 3 pages) with contactable referees to [email protected] clearly marked Information and Communications Officer in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Female candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19 January 2021