Industrial Relations Officer
- Post Date:February 14, 2021
- Views 361
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position exists to administer overall relationship between management and employees. It ensures effective communication between the business and employees from an HR perspective by safeguarding proper policy implementation and adherence to such policies and procedures, as well as giving support and advice to all divisions on their different industrial relations issues to ensure the organization’s divisions operate smoothly and to ensure the retention and development of ZINARA staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise employees and line managers on Labour Legislation and interpretation of the Code of Conduct.
- Ensure proper implementation of the Code of Conduct and Labour Legislation in Disciplinary and Grievance procedure.
- Ensure that the Code of Conduct is reviewed in line with amendments in Labour Laws.
- Organize and facilitate hearing meetings.
- Provide technical advice on Disciplinary cases ensuring adherence to statutory requirements.
- Maintain effective documents filling system on all HR related issues.
- Coordinate works council meetings at station level where workplace challenges are discussed and solutions reached before they are escalated to Head Office
- Communicate and coordinate changes to workplace planning and managing resistance to change through counselling and education.
- Partner and liaising with Trade Unions, Company Lawyers, NECs and Ministry of Labour on Labour matters.
- Recommend to Human Resources Manager on IR related training needs for all departments to ensure that relevant training and development programmes are developed and implemented accordingly.
- Advise on and resolve any industrial relations problems within the organization to ensure a harmonious working environment.
- Coordinate and facilitate collective bargaining negotiation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Industrial Relations / Human Resources Management or any Social Science Degree
- IPMZ Diploma in Industrial Relations/ Arbitration or Law
- 5 ‘O’ Level subjects
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar Position in a large organization
- Working knowledge with Labour Laws of Zimbabwe
- Excellent communication skills
- Good conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Self-confidence and assertiveness
- Great analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
Written applications including CVs and certified copies of certificates should be submitted not later than 4:30pm on 23 February 2021 to:
Director Administration & Human Resources
Zimbabwe National Road Administration
489 Runiville, Glenroy Crescent,
Please note candidates out of Harare can lodge their CVs and applications at their nearest ZINARA Provincial Office.