Inclusive Eye Health Project Officer
- Post Date:March 1, 2022
- Views 271
- Career Level OfficerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Christian Blind Mission Global (CBM)
Reporting to: Country Programs Manager
Location: Zimbabwe Country Office
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the Inclusive Eye Health projects related to CBM’s work with partners in Zimbabwe. The organization seeks to recruit a suitably qualified Project Officer who will lead in guiding the implementation of Inclusive Eye Health projects.
The tasks and responsibilities
- Lead and support the implementation of Inclusive Eye Health projects in the country Office;
- Work closely with Ministry of Health and Child Care and other stakeholder in coordinating and supporting Inclusive Eye Health projects;
- Provide coordination, technical and capacity building support to partners in ensuring effective, timely and accountable programming;
- Oversee administrative duties within the Inclusive Eye Health program, including procurement of equipment, consumables and other items within the department;
- Lead in monitoring and management of resources in the Inclusive Eye Health portfolio in line with the partner budgets and work plans;
- Assist in the preparation and consolidation of project statistics;
- Actively contribute to concept papers, proposal writing and partner identification;
- Ensure effective representation of CBM Global in relevant technical forums and task forces, with donors and other key stakeholders;
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to monitor the implementation of activities, gather feedback from stakeholders and submit detailed report about the findings;
- Assist in tracking project performance, monitor and follow up on project activities;
- Support the Country Programmes Manager to prepare periodic project reports based on accurate and evidence-based data / information;
- Track project indicators and outcome of activities and ensure projects achieve set targets;
- Identify and document human interest stories and case studies based on the successes of implemented projects;
- Coordinate with partners and other departments to prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Process monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Sciences, Business Administration, Project Management, Social Sciences or equivalent;
- At least 5 years work experience in public health and project management;
- Proven professional experience in Project Cycle Management (especially project design and planning).
Desired skills and competencies
- Strong interpersonal and coordination skills, with proven ability to be flexible and team oriented;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in programme management with international organizations;
- Excellent planning, multi task and time management skills;
- A sound understanding of monitoring and evaluation including Results Based Management;
- Experience in working with Government institutions and civil society organizations;
- Experience managing eye health projects will be an added advantage.
- Written and Oral communication in English;
- Local / regional language (professional proficiency advantageous).
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter) via email to [email protected]
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The cover letter should include the earliest date of availability and expected gross salary. The future job holder will adhere to CBM Global’s values and commit to CBM Global’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
Related Jobs (24)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship