- Post Date:April 25, 2022
- Views 384
- Career Level TechnicianQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Education
Reports to Technical Services Manager
- Applicants must have at least (5) ‘O’ level passes including English language and Mathematics and a Diploma in Telecommunications or related field.
- CCNA certification or CCNA 1-4 module certificates are an added advantage.
- Two years working experience supporting PABX and VOIP systems is a requirement.
- Candidates should have exceptional understanding of LAN/WAN technologies and configuration.
- Applicants should have working experience in the Information, Communication Technology (ICT) field and knowledge of Windows and Linux server administration.
- Applicants should possess a solid understanding of VOIP technologies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Installing, configuring and supporting new hardware and software infrastructure for VOIP system and voicemail systems;
- Telephone Network troubleshooting;
- Liaising with external suppliers and servicing and repairing of Telephone handsets;
- Verifying service by testing circuits, equipment and identifying, correcting, or escalating problems;
- Documenting network by labelling cables and recording configuration diagrams and specifications;
- Maintaining VOIP network by troubleshooting and repairing outages timeously;
- Performing configuration of routers, switches and VOIP gateways;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
Six copies of the application letter, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and dates of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability and names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees should be addressed to: –
The Senior Assistant Registrar, Human Resources
Chinhoyi University of Technology,
Private Bag 7724,
Telephone No: – 0267-2129454 or 02671-2125293
NB: Applications may be emailed to [email protected] and should be sent as a single PDF document.
Applications that do not comply with the requirements will be disqualified. The closing date for receipt of applications is 26 April 2022.