ICT Operations Manger
- Post Date:April 7, 2022
- Views 343
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry ICT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the position of ICT OPERATIONS MANAGER – ICT LEVEL 7 that has arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) – an equal opportunity employer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Architecture design and implementation of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Operations solutions.
- Leads the configuration, deployment, and maintenance of ZIMRA Servers, Storage area Networks (SAN), Databases and Basis solutions infrastructure.
- Coordinates the Infrastructure Administration, Database Management and SAP basis teams towards a synergised effort.
- Manages the Provision of computing and database resources in line with strategy and on demand daily needs (i.e. Virtual machines, extended capacity).
- Monitors systems for performance management, performance optimisation and infrastructure utilisation and patch management.
- Spearheads implementation of software and hardware upgrades.
- Oversees management of infrastructure and support systems (Active Directory, Exchange Email Services, DNS, DHCP, Oracle and SQL Databases).
- Technically leads in Projects within or outside the ICT Infrastructure division, or provides expert technical support for the Project.
- Maintains system documentation and configuration data for Knowledge management and compliance purposes.
- Provides subject matter expertise over network security risk assessment and secures network design.
- Participates in the investigation of Information Security Incidents and development of remediation/prevention mechanisms.
- Manages his or her team towards resolution and/ or escalation of Systems queries to vendors for technical support.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Job skills and Competencies
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good organisational, people and time management skills.
- A team player who is innovative and analytical.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Graduate Degree in Computer Science/Information & Communication Technology or equivalent qualification commensurate with experience.
- Certification on at least one of the following technologies (MCSE, MSCA Certified Engineer, Linux certification, Solaris Certification) is an added advantage.
- Training on at list one of the following enterprise server technologies (Oracle, Lenovo, IBM, Dell, HP, Fijitsu, Inspur) is required.
- Palpable Knowledge of Prince 2 Project Management is an added advantage.
- ITIL Training and added advantage.
- At least 7 years post qualification experience required.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 9 April 2022. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.