- Post Date:August 31, 2021
- Views 378
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry ICT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following position of ICT OFFICER which has arisen within the Insurance and Pensions Commission, Harare.
Reporting to: The ICT Administrator
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Investigating and resolving user reported PC problems and application issues logged through the IT helpdesk ticketing system.
- Ensure 1st Line incidents and service requests for a wide range of internal and external applications are resolved within the defined SLA.
- Ensures ICT inventory is updated regularly and maintains adequate stocks levels.
- Drafts and updates technical documentation for all IT equipment.
- Training and development of staff (end-users) on ICT systems as maybe needed.
- Escalates high priority incidents to both internal and external teams, as appropriate.
- Research and recommend to management on emerging technologies.
- Ensure all computers are protected from viruses by ensuring that all computers are installed with an acceptable antivirus.
- Liaise with other IT Unit staff as appropriate to achieve excellence in overall IT service delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent
- Two years’ traceable experience in extensive ICT services environment
- Professional certification is an added advantage
- Knowledge of ITIL processes- particularly incident and problem management, and request fulfillment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Hardware, Software and Networking
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft 365 or other technology as an added advantage
Interested persons should submit their written applications together with a detailed CV and certified copies of ID, academic and professional qualifications by not later than 3 September 2021.
The Human Resources Executive,
Insurance and Pensions Commission,
160 Rhodesville Avenue,
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
IPEC is an equal opportunity employer.