- Post Date:July 6, 2021
- Views 537
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Harare
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 01/08/2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is seeking applications from Nationals of Zimbabwe for the position of Finance Assistant in Zimbabwe.
Under the direct supervision of Finance and Administrative Officer of the Regional Office for Southern Africa, the incumbent shall be responsible for the following duties within the authorized delegated authority:
- Administrate the Office computer network; Local Area Network (Ethernet and Wireless) and Wide Area Network.
- Manage all telecommunication facilities, ensuring availability of analogue telephony, mobile telephony and VoIP services.
- Install workstations and required ICT facilities for users.
- Maintain video and audio conference equipment and ICT equipment.
- Provide ICT support required for any Office events: meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Manage and schedule virtual/online meetings; ensuring participants are fully supported during online meetings, troubleshooting of connectivity issues and configuration of interpretation services if required
- Provide first level IT support to all staff. Diagnose, detect, solve and follow up on IT issues which include but are not limited to:
- advising staff on the proper use of software products such as MS Office, MS Teams, and Skype for Business, providing trainings to staff;
- data backup and restoration;
- virus and malware detection, removal and prevention
- research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources;
- troubleshooting Internet connectivity issues, etc.
- Perform Systems Administration of the Office’s virtualised infrastructure including Windows and Linux servers and network-attached storage to ensure maximum uptime and availability of resources.
- Provide full ICT support to antenna offices in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain and control an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware, as well as stock of supplies and spare parts and propose annual procurement plan on ICT equipment. Procurement of ICT related products and services. Contacts manufacturers in case of recalls or repairs under warranty.
- Administrate office solar systems, and the electrical infrastructure. Ensuring the availability of electrical power on premises.
- Maintain the record management system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Provide sectoral support in recruitment and procurement of ICT related services and products.
- Liaise regularly with KMI service to ensure efficient and reliable operations of the ICT infrastructure and proper implementation of Service Level Agreements. Represent UNESCO at ICT inter-agency meetings and groups at a country level.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- Accountability (C)
- Communication (C)
- Innovation (C)
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
- Planning and organizing (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Teamwork (C)
- Secondary Education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application.
- At least 5 years work experience in related fields, including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunication facilities, knowledge of Window-based package/applications, knowledge on conferencing systems.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in other local languages would be an added advantage
- University degree in Computer Science would be desirable.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.