Human Security Advisor in Zimbabwe
- Post Date:June 3, 2021
- Views 624
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
100% / Harare
You implement Switzerland’s peace policy program in Zimbabwe.
- Strengthening Switzerland’s position and profile in political dialogue processes, supporting inclusive political dialogue processes and platforms for sustainable conflict resolution with the involvement of the national, regional and international levels;
- Contribution to the formulation of political messages at national, regional and multilateral level, together with colleagues at headquarters and the relevant representations (SADC, African Union, United Nations).
- Promotion of human rights and participation in the preparation of the embassy’s human rights report;
- Active maintenance of a qualitative and diversified network of contacts with political actors, actors in the security sector, civil society as well as with local, regional and international actors who have an influence on the politics of Zimbabwe, in cooperation with colleagues from the Harare mission
- Preparation of policy analysis and reports on Zimbabwe;
- Contribution to the strategic development of the program, responsibility for the project management and a local employee.
- University degree and several years of work experience in the areas of human security, conflict resolution and transformation or similar, including field experience (preferably in crisis contexts, experience in the Southern Africa region is an advantage).
- Knowledge of the instruments of peacebuilding, specifically in connection with accompanying political dialogue initiatives, ideally also knowledge of dealing with the past.
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of the conflict dynamics in the region.
- High stress resistance and the ability to work both cooperatively and independently.
- Excellent knowledge of English, French or German and good knowledge of another official language.
- Swiss citizenship (applications from people with dual citizenship with the host country cannot be considered). Valid drivers license.
For additional information, please contact Ms. Saskia Salzmann, Program Officer Zimbabwe, +41 58 462 74 42 or Ms. Janine Misteli, Recruiting Expert Pool, + 41 (0) 58 462 63 39. The interviews are scheduled for June 21-22, 2021.
The following application documents are required for this specific position: a letter of motivation in an official language, a CV in English, diplomas, job references and the fully completed Personal History Form SEP .
Application deadline: June 20th, 2021
Start of employment: September 1st, 2021 or by agreement, employment limitation: 1 year, renewable
Reference number: 46074
Limitation of position: one year (extendable)
The Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) coordinates and shapes Swiss foreign policy on behalf of the Federal Council, safeguards the country’s interests and promotes Swiss values.
The Swiss pool of experts for civil peacebuilding is an instrument of Swiss peace, human rights and humanitarian policy. Experts are made available for temporary civil peace operations.
The federal administration respects the different needs and life experiences of its employees and promotes their diversity. Equal treatment has the highest priority.
Related Jobs (25)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract