Human Resources Student Intern
- Post Date:June 14, 2021
- Views 293
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Duration: 1 July 2021 – 30 June 2022
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
The Human Resources Intern will support the Human Resources & Organizational Development team by participating in the administration of learning and professional development, recruitment, selection and onboarding, and performance management for all the co –workers within the program location. This internship will provide the Intern with the opportunity to give back to the community while gaining exposure to practical application of knowledge and developing relevant skills, experience and establishing professional networks.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Volunteer will assist the Program Location Human Resources team with:
- Filing and maintaining employee records,
- Screening resumes and scheduling interviews, orientation/onboarding of new hires,
- Preparing HR-related reports as needed,
- Organizing of events and trainings,
- Coordinating and performing exit interviews for interns and volunteers,
- Collating payroll information,
- Collating performance management data,
- Responding to staff inquiries regarding HR policies and other HR-related matters,
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in labor legislation to determine how company HR policies and practices may be affected.
Qualifications and competencies
- Studying towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Management, Industrial Psychology or related field;
- A self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Basic appreciation of Zimbabwean labor laws,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills,
- Good interpersonal skills.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
Applications supported by a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and copies of academic certificates, clearly indicating the position being applied to in the email subject line, should be submitted electronically. Applications that are late, do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 17 June 2021