Human Resources Assistant
- Post Date:October 14, 2021
- Apply Before: October 20, 2021
- Views 192
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions. Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is seeking applications for a HR Assistant for an anticipated USAID/PEPFAR supported five-year project in Zimbabwe.
The position supports all ZHI projects and provides critical administrative, technical or program support to Human Resources (HR) Team in functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, HRIS, and training. Responsible for the execution of HR administrative processes and support for the Human Resources team. Interacts extensively with multi-site employees and managers and the broader Human Resources organization. Answers questions for customers/clients using knowledge of principles and practices of human resources and company procedures.
- Support the recruitment and selection of employees and relief staff by shortlisting, conducting interviews, creating of interview files and conducting reference checks;
- Assists with conducting initial new hire orientation and ensuring all relevant documents are included on orientation package for employees;
- Assisting with tracking performance and probation goals and reviewing them;
- Timesheet Administration, i.e. entering new employees into the System, monitoring time sheets completion by staff, ensuring time sheets are signed and approved not more than 2 days after the end of each timesheet period;
- Timely verification of documents for personnel files, timely filing of the documents, benefits, and immigration record keeping;
- Attends to Industrial Relations issues;
- Prepares and submit payments to service providers; Assist in compiling HR Reports such as: Weekly reports, Leave Reports and other reports as and when needed;
- Supports the leave management process by receiving forms, updating the leave tracker, manual and online leave reconciliation;
- Follow-up on approvals for all HR documents;
- Provides administrative support to HR team including ordering office supplies and stationery;
- Serves as initial point of contact for employees with questions related to their personal employee information;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Work independently with minimum supervision showing initiative to manage high volume work flow;
- Ability to priorities work and report to supervisor on variances and provide status on regular basis;
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner;
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities;
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques;
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner;
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
Qualifications and experience
- BS/BA degree in, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 2 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Experience of HR in the international development organization is an added advantage.
- Step 1: Complete the job application form here https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx…
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.
Deadline: 19 October 2021
Related Jobs (10)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Research Nurses and Research Assistants (Bulawayo) on October 5, 2021 Contract