Human Resources Assistant
- Post Date:December 15, 2021
- Views 368
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Reporting to: Cordaid Harare Finance and Administration Specialist
Duty Station: Harare Cordaid Office
The Government of Zimbabwe has received funding for the Zimbabwe Health Sector Development Support Project (HSDSP) funded by World Bank-Global Financing Facility under the Result Based financing (RBF) programme through an Additional Financing V (AF V). The objective of the programmes is to sustain coverage and improve the quality of an integrated package of RMNCAH-N services, as well as strengthen COVID-19 response and institutional capacity to manage performance-based contracts consistent with the Recipients’ ongoing health initiatives. CORDAID is the Programme Implementing Entity. Through the COVID-19 component of HSDSP AFV, support is being provided to the Government’s COVID 19 emergency responses.
To complement the support given through HSDSP AFV project for the National COVID-19 response, the World Bank has availed a grant through the Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Trust Fund (HEPR) and the Energy Sector Management Assistance Program (ESMAP) Trust Fund to fund the Zimbabwe COVID-19 Emergency Response Project (ZCERP) to further improve the capacity of the health sector in Zimbabwe to better respond and mitigate the impact of a possible fourth wave of COVID-19 and other subsequent waves on the population of Zimbabwe.
The Project seeks to engage a Human Resources Assistant to support the Finance and Administration Specialist with human resources management.
Purpose of the position
The Human Resources Assistant will form part of the Project team for the Zimbabwe Health Sector Development Support Project (HSDSP) as well as the ZCERP managed by Cordaid. The prospective candidate will assist with human resources management and some administrative tasks within the finance department for the two projects.
Reporting structure and supervision responsibility
The Human Resources Assistant is expected to work closely with and report directly to the Finance and Administration Specialist. The Human Resources Assistant will assist the accountant with some administrative functions in the finance department.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Prepare monthly payroll input for review by Finance and Administration Specialist and approval by Team Leader;
- Prepare returns for review by Finance and Administration Specialist and timely submission to authorities such as Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) and National Social Security Authority (NSSA);
- Assist the accountant with monthly payroll reconciliations;
- Communicate with payroll service providers such as payroll system service provider, medical aid service provider, ZIMRA and NSSA; Ensure payroll documents are filed;
- Assist in the recruitment process from staff request to contracting;
- Assist the Finance and Administration Specialist with preparation of staff employment contracts for approval by Team Leader;
- Maintain and update personnel files;
- Assist with staff onboarding including preparation and follow up of orientation programme;
- Assist in the coordination of performance management, tracking performance appraisals and personal development plans;
- Assist in administering disciplinary procedures in line with Cordaid policies and procedures and national labour laws;
- Assist with staff contract termination process such as end of contract notification, acceptance of resignations, exit interviews and completion of asset handover forms;
- Coordinate staff welfare and wellness programmes;
- Handle day to day human resource issues and be the first point of contact for staff regarding personnel issues;
- Assist the Accountant with filing of finance documents;
- Maintain register of work advances and acquittals and follow up with staff on balances;
- Any other duties as requested by the Finance and Administration Specialist.
The Human Resources Assistant shall be selected based on the Individual Consultant selection method of the World Bank’s regulations. Main criteria for the selection will be relevant work experience and qualifications.
Required qualifications, experience and skills
- A degree in Human Resources Management or any other relevant qualification;
- A professional Human Resources certificate such as Institute of People Management of Zimbabwe (IPMZ) Diploma is a must;
- At least 2 years relevant experience in a similar role in the Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) sector;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Belina Payroll system is essential;
- Knowledge of national labour laws is a requirement;
- Discreet, honest, trustworthy (trusted), communicative, proactive, methodical, diplomatic, and task oriented;
- Excellent oral and written English;
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office.
Facilities to be provided by Cordaid
Cordaid shall provide following facilities to consultant during her / his tenure of services:
- Office space with furniture and laptop;
- Email and internet access;
- Required office stationery;
- Photocopying, printing, and scanning facilities;
- Transport and accommodation for field assignments.
Duration of service
The Human Resources Assistant will be required during the whole duration of the project (through April 30, 2023). S/he will initially be assigned up to 31 December 2021 and thereafter an annual contract will be given for the duration of the projects depending on performance and available project funding. This is a full-time position.
Cordaid does not ask for a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Cordaid is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status or age.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 December 2021