Human Resources and Administration Assistant
- Post Date:January 13, 2021
- Views 711
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental Organisations in development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner Organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on WASH, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response.
Welthungerhilfe seeks to engage a Human Resources and Administration Assistant who will be responsible for giving Human Resources and Admirative Support to the Country Office reporting to the Human Resources Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities –
- Assist in the monthly receiving of HR forms and registers, such as timesheets, leave application forms, medical certificates, and other forms and reports;
- Update and organize personnel files, ensure that relevant documentation and information is kept in their respective files;
- Support the preparation of HR and administrative reports, draft routine correspondence and take notes at meetings;
- Search for, retrieve, compile, assemble and archive a variety of human resources and administrative data from computer files, records, reports or from other sources;
- Assist in the coordination of recruitment and selection processes;
- Coordinate the Onboarding processes for new employees including assisting with emails processing, security clearances, the opening of bank accounts and other procedural orientation, Backstop the HR Focal Point as appropriate;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required
- Undergraduate Degree in Human Resources,
- At least 1 year post-graduate experience,
- Experience under NGOs is an added advantage though not a prerequisite,
- Knowledge of ERPs and HRIS is an added advantage;
Require a candidate with the following skills:
- Professionalism, Ability to undertake coordination of specific activities, interpret/analyse a wide variety of data, and identify/resolve data/information discrepancies;
- Planning and Organizing – Ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner;
- Commitment to continuous learning: Initiative and willingness to keep abreast of new trends in international development and public information fields;
- Technological Awareness: Proficiency in various MS Office applications;
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Communication: Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to [email protected]. Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply. During the entire recruitment process, Welthungerhilfe will not charge a fee nor will we require payment to be made for any application to be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 January 2021