Human Resources & Administration Officer
- Post Date:June 14, 2022
- Views 304
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Plans, organises, and directs the provision of administrative support and resources to the Institute to ensure the smooth flow of performance & operations.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and safeguards the organisation’s assets by directing repairs, maintenance work on assets such as vehicles and buildings. Including monitoring the usage of resources (vehicles and telephone) consistently.
- Leads and monitors support staff to ensure that they perform their day-to-day duties and responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
- Draws up the Administration budget and monitors adherence to the limits set in the budget.
- Establishes, maintains, and expands working relationships between the Institute and external service providers and suppliers of goods and services.
- Prepares reports for the Administration Department such as: vehicle usage analysis, the asset list, comparative bid analysis, telephone usage analysis and the vendor supplier’s list.
- Directs the purchasing function by soliciting quotations and assessment of supplier bids in line with bestpractice. Prepares purchase requisitions, purchase orders and ensures the delivery of goods and services in the required quantities and quality.
- Maintains and updates administrative records relating to assets and employees under contract.
- Directs and attends to the insurance portfolio of the institution by ensuring that assets are insured, and premiums are paid in time.
- Organises and manages the distribution of stationery and items bought in bulk for the Institution.
- Approves and oversees the procurement of fixed assets and consumables.
- Ensures the availability and adequacy of office space, fixtures and fittings and other ancillary services.
- Manages the disposal of assets either by sale through tender or to the public. Ensures full payment is made before preparing transfer of ownership forms.
- Liaises with the security and internet service providers in ensuring that the institute assets are secured and safeguarded.
- Participates in the development of the organisational structure.
- Develops job descriptions for all departments with the assistance of the line managers.
- Ensures presence of adequate Secretariat staff. The incumbent is therefore in charge of the organisation’s recruitment process in-line with the organisations recruitment policies & procedures.
- Oversees the development and implementation of all HR policies and procedures for an effective and efficient human resource management.
- Conducts performance appraisals and manages the performance of staff in the Institute.
- This includes but shall not be limited to:
- Oversees the staff performance appraisals and management systems.
- Oversees the staff learning and development activities and budget
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum academic and professional qualification and years of relevant experience REQUIRED for this job
- Any relevant Human Resources/ Business Management/ Administration Degree/ Social Sciences
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years relevant work experience
- Professional groups/ memberships that the job incumbent should join (IPMZ)
- Additional academic and professional qualification that MAY BE REQUIRED for this job
- A holder of a postgraduate degree such as MBA or equivalent will have an added advantage.
- Professional qualification such as full Institute of People Management.
CRITICAL OR TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Must have Human Resources management experience.
- Must have a flair for IT and be able to troubleshoot basic IT problems.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate and very proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of Packages.
- Must have excellent numeric skills and pay high attention to detail.
- Must be very resourceful and quick to learn.
- Must be able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Must be a high energy individual who is well organized and must be able to manage time well.
- Must be prepared to work extended hours and overtime.
- Must have proven event management experience and skills.
- Must have a clean career record, be honest and a person of integrity.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and certified copies of academic qualifications as one pdf file to: [email protected] on or before 17 June 2022 with the position applied for on the subject.
Related Jobs (24)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship