Human Resource and Administration Officer
- Post Date:June 14, 2021
- Views 484
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Christian Blind Mission (CBM) Zimbabwe is an International disability and development NGO which works in cooperation with local partner institutions complementing the government’s development agenda. Inclusive recruitment of staff is a priority for the organisation which seeks to promote meaningful inclusion of persons with disabilities in all aspects of our work. The HR and Administration Officer will establish procedures and mechanisms for simple and streamlined human resource and administrative operations. S/he will ensure efficient office management, travel, safety and security services to enable and facilitate the work for all departments. S/he will also manage the country office human resources under the guidance of the Country Finance Manager. S/he will line manage any administration staff to ensure they function efficiently and effectively.
- Manage professional office administration and efficient operations of the Country Office in line with relevant CBM standards;
- Document and maintain updated administrative processes and procedures; initiate and lead regular reviews to ensure clarity, effectiveness and efficiency;
- Ensure that CBM is complying with in-country regulatory requirements such as registration and related annual reporting to relevant authorities (except financial regulatory requirements such as statutory accounts, audit, tax filing, social security contributions, etc., which are the responsibility of the Country Finance Manager);
- Effectively line-manage the administrative staff based on performance;
- Handle visa applications for visitors and expatriate co-workers;
- Coordinate office meetings, workshops, training, etc as scheduled;
- Provide secretarial duties, including handling of official correspondence with authorities, business registrations, etc;
- Provide support to the Country Director specific to the operational requirements of his/her position, such as schedule management, minute taking, report writing;
- Ensure office and property/facility management, including office cleanliness, organizing and overseeing maintenance and repair works on CBM premises or on CBM assets; facilitating and following up on Accessibility and Inclusion audits;
- Ensure professional receptionist services for the office;
- Organize security of the premises, keep up-to-date contact with Security Company and oversee the security guards work;
- Take responsibility for record keeping and filing of important administrative office documentation; manage the office archives;
- Ensure a proper filing system for Administrative files is in place for both electronic and hard copy documents;
- Prepare and submit timely and informative monthly reports to the Country Office Management team.
Inventory and Asset Management:
- Ensure all CBM assets, equipment and vehicles are timely and adequately covered for risks through various applicable insurance products;
- Control and maintain a CBM Zimbabwe asset register and inventory, in line with CBM or donor requirements, as applicable. Plan and execute the asset verification on a bi annual basis and update the register. Report on any variances;
- Maintain an up to date and accurate asset register by tracking, tagging, and archiving of asset lists/registers, with close collaboration with the Finance Manager;
- Coordinate timely disposal of old and obsolete office equipment and assets, as guided by CBM guidelines on disposal;
- Verify physical inventory and stock by conducting spot checks periodically and investigating discrepancies to ensure accurate records, with close collaboration with the Finance Manager;
- Plan and execute the asset verification on a bi annual basis and update the register. Report on any variances.
Human Resources Administration:
- Enforce HR policies and standards compliant with local regulations and CBM standards;
- Ensure on-time delivery of HR services and accuracy of information, in close collaboration with the Country Director and Finance Manager;
- Provide timely and consistent HR data for the Country office to facilitate the preparation and dissemination of HR reports;
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely manner and maintains personnel files and leave information;
- Maintains a database of employee contact information;
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel as per policy and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services;
- Maintain leave register; Submit HR recruitment / contracting requests for approval in line with the Authority Matrix;
- Facilitate the in-country recruitment and candidate selection process in line with CBM standards;
- Coordinate the process of induction & briefing for new staff in the Country Offices;
- Ensure employment contracts are in place and inform the Country Director in a timely manner of contract end-dates;
- Support the Regional HR Manager with administrative and logistical aspects of expatriate co-worker assignments, such as arranging house leases, security, vehicle, etc;
- Coordinate the effective implementation of the annual performance management process by line managers in line with agreed timelines;
- Ensure all staff have up-to-date and signed job descriptions in place;
- Ensure CO compliance on Child Safeguarding, inclusive employment, compensation and other issues in line with local regulations and CBM standards.
- Ensure oversight and management of Country Office IT systems and maintenance;
- Collaborate closely with the Finance Manager and Regional HR Manager to ensure cross-functional policies, procedures and practice are harmonized and streamlined where relevant;
- Model and promote CBM’s values, culture and inclusive practices and promote disability and gender equality with colleagues;
- As safety and security focal point for the Country office, ensure all staff and visitors comply with Health, Safety and Security SOP in country. This will involve coordination sensitization sessions, training and regular communication;
- Provide input and/or participate in any ad-hoc, or to be established, HR and Administration working groups within CBM, or in representation of the Region, as might be requested;
- Carry out the role-specific responsibility to safeguard children and adults at risk (as guided by CBM’s relevant policies);
- Ensure the timely development and coordination of monthly work plans and timesheets for the departments;
- Carry out other tasks as may be required from time to time in the field of expertise or evolving from operational requirements as may be assigned.
Desired qualifications skills and competencies
- Academic degree in Human Resource management, General Management, Business Administration or any other relevant field;
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar position within a reputable organization, preferably a development organization; Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Quality results oriented;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks efficiently and meet critical priorities;
- Highly organized and self-directed, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and under minimal supervision;
- Ability and willingness to work outside office regular hours;
- Ability to proactively anticipate any potential issues or risks for the office and submit appropriate recommendations to address them;
- High level of professionalism, maturity and integrity when dealing with sensitive information and issues;
- Reflect CBM values in daily work.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM`s values and commit to CBM`s code of conduct and Safeguarding Policy. In this regard reference checks and background checks on applicants will be performed including police clearance on child related offenses in conformity with CBM safeguarding policy. CBM encourages qualified women and persons with disabilities to apply for the position.
Submit your Curriculum Vitae and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating Human Resource and Administration Officer Post Application on the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25 June 2021