HIV Services Quality Officer
- Post Date:July 28, 2021
- Views 513
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: District Program Coordinator (DPC)
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID, works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions.
The HIV Services Quality Officer (HSQO) is responsible and accountable for implementing the minimum HIV services package at high volume facilities. The HSQO must engage nurses in charge of departments at health facilities and must have competencies in all areas of HIV prevention, care, treatment and support (including cervical cancer screening and treatment, TB treatment, 1st line to 2nd line ART switches) to provide exemplary direct service delivery at facility level. The HSQO will ensure that all best practices in client flow, client pre-identification, service delivery, data generation, and health information reporting for HIV services are diligently carried out within all health facility departments and entry points as outlined in the SOPs. The HSQO is seconded to a high volume MOHCC facility and reports to the facility manager as well as the OPHID District Program Coordinator within the district.
- The HSQO will support the implementation of HIV program activities at facility level;
- Manage facility program resources for the organization;
- Provide quality HIV preventions services and support the facility in implementing key HIV prevention activities (including PMTCT);
- Provide quality ART services and support the facility management and staff in enrolling PLHIV onto lifelong ART;
- Provide quality ART monitoring and retention services, and support facility management and staff in monitoring and retaining patients in lifelong ART care;
- Provide quality TB and TB/HIV services and work with the facility management and staff in implementing TB and TB/HIV management activities;
- Provide quality cervical cancer screening and treatment services, and work with facility management and staff conduct cervical cancer screening and treatment activities.
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing AND registered as a Registered General Nurse with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe;
- At least 5 years’ experience in clinical management of HIV and TB/HIV at public health facility level;
- Completed course in Advanced HIV and AIDS Management preferred;
- Experience in HIV and TB/HIV leadership role at facility level (nurse in charge, focal person) within MOHCC or the NGO technical assistance environment;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), and online collaboration technologies.
- Step 1: Complete the Application Form here
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 31 July 2021
Related Jobs (20)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy