Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
- Post Date:May 10, 2022
- Views 630
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Closing Date: 2022/05/12
Reference Number: TSE220422-17
Business Unit / Division: Tsebo Zimbabwe
Job Type Classification: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
We are in search of a seasoned Health, Safety & Environmental Manager for Tsebo Zimbabwe. You will be an integral part of the Tsebo Zimbabwe team and working very closely with the Tsebo International team.
As a leading African Integrated Workplace Management Solutions Provider, Tsebo Solutions Group offers clients reduced costs, risk and complexities together with increased quality, efficiency and productivity. We specialise in Catering, Facilities Management, Cleaning and Hygiene, Pest Control, Protection, Energy, Procurement, Workspace Design, Engineering, Remote Camps, and more. Developing our people – the heart of Tsebo – is the foundation of our purpose. The result is a knowledgeable workforce that is in touch with every nuance of our clients’ needs. DOWNLOAD OUR ONE-PAGER to find out more about who we are in a nutshell.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implementing and maintaining a Quality Management System, sound Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental programme and ensure that all mechanisms, policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety are implemented.
- Integrating other related standards to the Quality Management System of the Service e.g. ISO I M25. ISO 14001, GMP GLP, TQM and SAZ 801 as mandated by the Executive Management.
- Review and ensure compliance to occupational Health and Safety legislation, as well as all applicable statutory requirements.
- Reviewing the QMS and OHSE training requirements of appropriate staff.
- Managing the internal and external QMS and OHSE audit programmes, including presentation of final audit reports to Management.
- Ensure continual improvement, as well as continual efficiency and effectiveness of the Tsebo Integrated Management (IMS) System.
- Implementation of systems, processes, procedures and business improvement goals linked to the Tsebo Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Preventive Action, Emergency and Disaster Preparedness: Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are implemented, and that staff are provided with the necessary mentoring and training on an ongoing basis and ensure that a constant state of readiness to respond to all emergencies, is maintained.
- Quality Standards: Ensure that quality systems relating to Service Level Agreements are implemented and monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Establish internal audit programmes to be used at site level to improve service standards to clients.
- Effective oversight and management of Country Health and Safety Management systems, plans and initiatives.
Skills and Competencies
- Good financial and business acumen.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Service Level Agreements, relevant ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation) Standards, audit skills and legal knowledge in relation to commercial agreements.
- Ability to display professionalism, work under pressure and deliver high quality and proactive services to internal and external customers / stakeholders.
- Ability to own initiative, operate independently effectively, manage processes and projects.
- Ability to use Good negotiation skills Ability.
- Minimum O Level / Matric.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health & Environment Management or a related field.
- Risk management and health and safety management certifications / professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 proven years’ experience in a similar environment on middle-to-senior management level.
- Driver’s license essential.
Related Jobs (9)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time