Health Promoter IEC Officer
- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 604
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Médecins Sans Frontières – Belgium is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistics and administrative staff – most of them hired locally. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality.
MSF operates a mental health program in Tongogara Refugee Camp with specific focus on psychosocial activities to improve and support natural resilience of camp population at individual, family and community level. The Health Promoter is expected to raise awareness on mental wellbeing among the refugee community, promote MSF activities, and engage the population to revive their traditional coping mechanism or build resilience by facilitating their participation in various psychosocial and recreational activities
- Responsible and accountable for implementing activities of health education and awareness according to the project needs;
- Implement health promotion activities (awareness, events, mobilization, etc) in Tongogara Refugee Camp (TRC);
- Assess community dynamic with support of HP supervisor and the program manager;
- Be an ambassador of MSF and MSF activities in the community to promote activities and maintain positive image of the organization;
- Collaborate with MSF team members and other partners in implementing medical activities in Tongogara Refugee Camp;
- Collaborate with Village Health Workers (VHWs) to raise awareness on mental health in the clinic and in the community;
- Regular monitoring and reporting according to defined key performance indicators;
- Support community members in finding collective resilience and coping mechanism;
- Conduct regular exit interviews with session audience to assess their understanding and appropriateness of MH awareness message;
- Participate in creation of any reporting tools, materials needed for the activities of information, education and communication.
- Diploma in Health Promotion, Psychology, Social work, Sociology, Education or equivalent;
- Solid experiences in community engagement and health promotion (minimum 2 years’ experience);
- Willingness to work in the field and engage camp population and community;
- Knowledge of local community is strong asset;
- Knowledge of French language, Ki-Swahili is a strong asset
Interested, qualified and experienced candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their detailed CV, motivation letter describing past experiences of community engagement (maximum 2 pages) on or before Friday 4 February 2022 to:
The Project HR/Fin Assistant
1715 Impala Extension,
Or email to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; MSF-Belgium, Zimbabwe Mission does not solicit any organization or individual to recruit on their behalf. No fee is charged throughout the recruitment, selection and placement process; Canvassing will lead to disqualification of candidates.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment; We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.