- Post Date:June 2, 2021
- Views 315
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Nkayi District
Jointed Hands Welfare Organisation (JHWO) is a local NGO that envisions a harm and disease free society. JHWO is looking for skilled, passionate and committed professionals to implement a Pathways project. Pathways project is a child centred, family focused and community package intervention. The aim of the project is to use economic strengthening, local ownership and gender transformation to strengthen the capacity of HIV affected individuals households and communities to progress along Pathways out of poverty, along functional services referral Pathways, along continuum of care Pathways to reach the 95-95-95 targets, and along age and stage appropriate Pathways. The Pathways project also aims to promote positive child, adolescent and youth health, well-being and development.
- The Health Officer is responsible for ensuring clients in the OVC program receive comprehensive and quality services that address physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual needs of people living with HIV and their families. This also includes but is not limited to HIV prevention activities, HIV screening for testing and linkage to care.
- He or she is also responsible for advocating for improved quality of life for HIV positive patients, as well as training, mentoring and providing technical support to community health workers (CHW).
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing/Public Health/Health Promotion,
- Experience in HIV programming is a must. Must be fluent in Ndebele,
- A minimum of two years’ nursing experience ,
- Experience in training and facilitation in community-based care settings,
- A self-starter with ability to work under work pressure,
- Experience in TB, HIV and AIDS and community health care,good written and verbal communication skills,
- A class 3 Motorcycle Licence is a must.
To apply for this position please send your certificates, CV, copy of licence and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 11 June 2021
The organisation is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against gender, religion, race, creed culture or sexual diversity and believes in safeguarding both employees and communities.