Health Officer (Midlands)
- Post Date:January 27, 2021
- Views 416
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Jointed Hands Welfare Organisation is a local NGO that envisions a harm and disease free society and it advocates against harmful norms and mitigates the impact thereof. The organisation is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against gender, religion, race, creed, culture or sexual diversity and believes in safeguarding both employees and communities.
The Health Officer will be responsible for ensuring that patients receive comprehensive and quality services (palliative care) that address physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual needs of TB and DR-TB patients including people living with HIV and their families. He or she will also be responsible for advocating for improved quality of life for DR-TB patients, as well as providing palliative care training and technical support to Community Health Workers (CHW).
- At least a Diploma/Degree in Nursing/Public Health/Health Promotion, Experience in TB programming is a must;
- A minimum of two years’ nursing experience;
- Experience in training and facilitation in community-based care settings;
- A self-starter with ability to work under work pressure;
- Experience in TB; HIV and AIDS and community health care;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- A clean class 3 & 4 Driver’s license (more than 3 years) is a must, defensive driving and a rider’s certificate.
To apply for this position please send your certificates, CV, Class 3 licence copy and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: On a rolling basis but not later than 29 January 2021