Health Manager (Health System Strengthening Governance/Policy)
- Post Date:March 1, 2022
- Views 626
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Job no: 548217
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Harare
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, good health!
UNICEF has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1982. We are a team of passionate professionals committed to the protection and fulfillment of children’s rights.
Supporting the Government’s vision of a prosperous and empowered upper-middle-income society, the country programme is aimed at contributing to sustainable socioeconomic development that provides all children, including adolescents, with opportunities to fulfil their potential, lead a healthy life, access quality learning and protection and meaningfully participate in society.
For more information about UNICEF Zimbabwe please click here
You can also access and explore all new UNICEF vacancies and create job alerts via the UNICEF Zimbabwe website link below: https://www.unicef.org/zimbabwe/work-us
How can you make a difference?
A challenging and exciting opportunity has arisen within UNICEF Zimbabwe’s Health and /nutrition Section, for a passionate and committed Health Manager (Health System Strengthening Governance/Policy) reporting to the Chief of Health & Nutrition for general guidance and supervision. S/He is responsible for supporting the Chief in managing the health section and leading the management, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the health programme with focus on Health System Strengthening (HSS) pillars within the country programme. S/He provides technical guidance and operational support throughout the programming process to facilitate the achievement of concrete and sustainable results, according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), organizational Strategic Plans and goals, standards of performance, and accountability framework. S/He leads on the management , implementation , monitoring and evaluation of key system strengthening functions linked to Governance , policy and coordination of pooled funds , and coordinates with the team to ensure proper management, implementation ,monitoring of the key pillars to deliver Health and Nutrition results which include Procurement and Supply Chain Management , Health Care Financing , Human Resources for Health , Service delivery platforms including Community Based Primary Health Care Systems .
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Management and advisory support to the Chief
- Programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Advisory services and technical support
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Please refer to the attached job description for more information: Health Manager Level 4 HSS Governance Policy 118589.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: public health/nutrition planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Drive to achieve impactful results
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (Application and Interview). UNICEF does not concern itself with information on applicant’s bank details.
Deadline: South Africa Standard Time