- Post Date:September 8, 2021
- Views 184
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives.
World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. World Vision Zimbabwe(WVZ) is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
POSITION TITLE: HEALTH FACILITATOR
LOCATION: MUTASA AREA PROGRAM
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To facilitate planning and implementation of integrated health, nutrition, food security and Child Protection interventions for the Area Development Programme.
- To provide leadership in facilitating and ensuring integration and implementation of health and nutrition, food security, Advocacy, Child Protection and Faith and Development interventions in Area Development Programme.
- Facilitate active community and stakeholder involvement and participation in the project cycle.
- Strengthen partnerships with stakeholders and potential partners.
- Facilitate the organization and coordination of meetings and workshops within community and with relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitating capacity building of Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) staff and community health workers.
- Identify capacity building needs and design appropriate capacity building plans for VHWs, CBOs, FBOs and other development-oriented community structures.
- Facilitate community health systems strengthening interventions.
- Facilitate IEC / Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) materials development and dissemination.
- Follow up on development of emergencies, respond accordingly and escalate to the Team Leader were necessary.
- Produce regular and timely consolidated progress reports for the projects.
- Strengthen health and nutrition reporting system at community, facility and district level through capacity building, monthly review ad reporting meetings at district and health facility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Degree in Health Promotion, Nutrition, Nursing, Public Health
- At least 2 years’ experience in community health development work
- Project management experience and budgeting for accountability of resources is essential
- Rural development knowledge, experience and willingness to work in a rural environment.
- Experience in working and collaborating with stakeholders (Government line ministries, other NGOs etc.)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft outlook, Word and Excel packages is desirable.
- Clean Class 3/4 driver’s license.
Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 9 September 2021
Related Jobs (8)
Technical Field Officer – Health and Nutrition (10) on September 21, 2021 Contract
Ultra-Med Health Medical Aid Society has various vacancies available on September 20, 2021 Contract Full Time