Health Assistant (Nkayi District)
- Post Date:November 24, 2021
- Views 400
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Location: Nkayi District
Jointed Hands Welfare Organisation (JHWO) is a local NGO that envisions a harm and disease free society. JHWO is looking for skilled, passionate and committed professional to implement a Pathways project. Pathways is a child centred, family focused and community centred project. The aim of the project is to use economic strengthening, local ownership and gender transformation to strengthen the capacity of HIV affected individuals, households and communities as they progress out of poverty towards attaining 95-95-95 targets. The Pathways project also aims to promote positive child, adolescent and youth health, well-being and development. The organisation is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against gender, religion, race, creed culture or sexual diversity and believes in safeguarding both employees and communities.
The Health Assistant is responsible for ensuring that clients in the OVC program receive comprehensive and quality services that address physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual needs of people living with HIV and their families. This also includes but is not limited to HIV prevention activities, HIV screening and linkage to care. He or she is also responsible for advocating for improved quality of life for HIV positive patients, as well as training, mentoring and providing technical support to Community Health Workers (CHW).
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing.
- Experience in HIV programming is a must.
- Must be fluent in Ndebele with a minimum of two years’ nursing experience plus training and facilitation in community-based care settings.
- Should also be a self-starter with the ability to work under work pressure.
- Experience in TB, community health care and stakeholder management will be an added advantage.
- The applicant should also possess good written and verbal communication skills
- A holder of a class 3 Motor Cycle Licence.
To apply for this position please send your certificates, CV, copy of licence and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 26 November 2021
Related Jobs (8)
Director, DEI&B (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging) on November 20, 2021 Full Time