- Post Date:June 20, 2021
- Views 411
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, and transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
ACF has been working in Zimbabwe since 2002 and over the years, has been a key humanitarian actor in the country. Since 2015, ACF has adopted an intervention strategy focused on localization and capacity development through partnerships, in particular with two national organizations, NAZ (Nutrition Action Zimbabwe) and AA (Africa AHEAD). ACF has increased the size of its mission in the course of last year to adequately respond to the rising humanitarian needs.
ACF, in collaboration with NAZ and AA is pursuing its action primarily through the strengthening of urban and rural households’ cash reserves, with the goal of increasing resilience and reducing negative coping strategies for vulnerable households. ACF is also strengthening and supporting Infection Prevention and Control in health centers in response to the Covid-19 crisis.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the position is responsible for facilitating in-country Covid 19 vaccination campaigns with specific emphasis on uptake amongst vulnerable groups to increase the real vaccinated coverage in Masvingo, Bulawayo and Manicaland.
- In conjunction with MoH, increasing healthcare workers’ and stakeholder knowledge about Covid 19 vaccines by ensuring that partners, healthcare workers and outreach staff have reliable information on vaccines and associated campaigns;
- Training community health care workers, health care facilities staff and community leaders on Covid 19 prevention and uptake of the vaccine in order to influence positive behavioral change on uptake of Covid 19 vaccine;
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, produce Technical Documents on COVID 19 Vaccine; Supporting the preparation of FAQ document to list common questions and responses;
- Providing input in the development of Community Perceptions Bulletins and share with stakeholders and clusters;
- Countering misinformation and promoting vaccine uptake by coordinating with UNICEF & MoH on communication and engagement initiatives;
- Making use of perception tracker, a mobile tool to capture, analyse and understand the perceptions of communities during disease outbreaks;
- Conducting outreach events with healthcare workers and key stakeholders to support vaccine uptake;
- Representing ACF in sectoral coordination at national and sub-national levels (sectoral and/or cluster) and with the technical authorities;
- Interacting with regional sectoral coordination mechanisms;
- Preparing Internal and external technical communications concerning projects (in liaison with the Country Director);
- Promoting sectoral partnerships (civil society, NGOs, authorities, private sector.. .) and capacity building.
- A medical related degree (MBChB), Public Health, Health Promotions or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with exposure in Covid management practices;
- Experience dealing with government stakeholders such as Ministry of Health officials;
- Humanitarian experience in health related programs;
- Team management skills – capacity to organize work and supervise partners;
- Good analytical and reporting (in English) capacity ;
- At ease with communication, negotiations and representation in technical and non-technical Fora;
- Computer Knowledge necessary:
- Word, Excel, Power Point
To apply, please: Forward Cover letters with up-to-date detailed CVs and clearly indicate the post applied for in the email subject to [email protected]
Fill in an application form, using a link that you will get as soon as you email your application.
Deadline: 25 June 2021