Head Research and Strategy
- Post Date:March 14, 2022
- Views 594
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
WAICA Re is one of the fastest growing reinsurance companies in Africa. WAICA Re is headquartered in Freetown (Sierra Leone) and operates through four (4) Regional Offices across Africa namely Lagos (Nigeria), Accra (Ghana), Abidjan (Céte d’lvoire) and Tunis (Tunisia). It also has four (4) Subsidiary Companies namely, WAICA Re Zimbabwe Limited in Harare (Zimbabwe), WAICA Re Kenya in Nairobi (Kenya), an investments company namely WAICA Re Capital, Accra (Ghana) and WAICA Re (United Kingdom). WAICA Re is rated by A.M. Best with a Financial Strength Rating of B+ and a long-term Issuer Credit rating of “bbb-” with a stable outlook.
WAICA Re announces the vacancy of the position of Head Research and Strategy to be based in any of our operating countries.
The Head Research and Strategy role is responsible for leading the process of developing, embedding, and monitoring the Group strategy. The successful candidate will be responsible for building our Group wide strategy, research, evaluation and ensure the successful implementation of such. Working with the Group Chief Operating Officer, this role will lead on effective business planning and implementation and the management of the brand and external communication.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Formulate and implement the Group’s Brand Visibility, External Communication strategy to support the Group strategy.
- Research on emerging Brand Visibility and Communication trends and recommend to the Group for adoption including setting up of style guides, brand guidelines and value proposition for short as well as long term.
- Research and lead the adoption of new and emerging reinsurance trends to enable the Group to have a competitive advantage.
- Develop and implement relevant policies and procedures for the Department.
- Lead the development, effective planning of the Group Strategy and monitoring the implementation.
- Develop strategies and manage marketing campaigns across print, broadcast and online platforms to ensure that products and services meet customers’ expectations whilst building Credibility of the brand.
- Formulation of key strategic reports to provide the Executive Management and the Board with information for key decision making.
- Conducting of market and business research to keep up to date with customer trends, as well as predicting future trends.
- Analysis of the success of marketing campaigns for future decision making.
- Design advertising, marketing material and other forms of marketing to maintain consistency in branding.
- Organise events such as product launches, exhibitions and photo shoots.
- Plan and execute all external communications and media actions on all channels, including online, social media and interview requests.
- Monitor how the brand is currently positioned on the market.
- Create content for press releases, by-line articles and keynote presentations.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Manage Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
- A relevant degree
- Professional qualification in Marketing
- Master’s in business administration or equivalent is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Managerial role
- Must have experience in the insurance industry
- Can demonstrate a depth of proven experience in utilising a range of strategy development theories and implementing the strategy
- Proven expertise in managing the brand and external communication
- Technically proficient in research, evaluation and impact measurement,
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Ability to work on a range of deliverables
Interested Candidates for this role shall be required send an Application letter and a CV to: [email protected].
CVs will be shortlisted as soon as received
Closing date for application: 15 March 2022
Related Jobs (15)
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship