Head Procurement Management Unit
- Post Date:August 16, 2021
- Views 317
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Transportation
Applications are invited from self-motivated and energetic candidates to fill in the position Head Procurement Management Unit opportunity that has arisen in the aviation industry based in Harare.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the procurement function of the company to ensure that the company gets value for money in all procurement processes and that purchases are done in compliance with laid down
- Implements purchasing strategies, procedures, and best procurement practice processes in conjunction with user departments;
- Develops and maintains supplier relationships including managing the performance of suppliers and developing continuous improvement Programmes;
- Makes recommendations on policies and procedures as needed to ensure the success and compliance of all procurement related activities;
- Prepares the financial budgets for Procurement Department and provides the required control, monitoring and evaluation to establish the necessary adjustments;
- Consolidates departmental plans to come up with the Company’s Annual and Individual Procurement Plans;
- Ensures compliance with the Procurement Act, Procurement Regulations and the company’s policies and procedures.
- Supervises the company’s evaluation committee.
- Conducts and oversees bid meetings and site meetings for sourcing of goods and services for formal and limited tenders.
- Negotiates with vendors for procuring to the best advantage of the company.
- Oversees contract negotiations with suppliers for tenders
- Advises the Accounting Officer and Management on all procurement issues.
- Ensures that suppliers deliver materials and services in accordance with standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon
- Carries out environmental scanning of the market and making the recommendations to procure at best advantage.
- Produces periodic reports and ensures that they are submitted to PRAZ in the required format.
- Facilitates the disposal of Assets in line with the PPDPA and policy.
Qualifications and experience required:
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application letters, which clearly show the position they are applying for, CVs and certified copies of academic and professional certificates to: [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 25 August 2021.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. :
Related Jobs (7)
National Project Personnel – Procurement Assistant on October 23, 2021 Contract