Head Procurement Management
- Post Date:May 11, 2022
- Views 663
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the position of HEAD PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT-LEVEL 5 that has arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) – an equal opportunity employer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place for each procurement category to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the Authority to function effectively.
- Ensure that value for money is achieved, including Terms and conditions, supplier selection or de-selection, evaluation and rationalisation of supply chain solutions including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignments and safety stock.
- Procure goods and services in line with the Public Procurement & Disposal of Public Assets Act (CAP 22:23) and procedures
- Evaluate the challenges faced in each category and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process.
- Participate in the initiation and development of a creative and innovative procurement processes (e-Procurement).
- Analyse and compare financial reports and pricing proposals from several trusted suppliers before negotiating terms and prices to obtain the best deal for the company.
- Provide leadership to categories under control. Coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Set categories objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance.
- Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvements.
- Establish risk management strategies, checks and controls in order to address project risks.
- Manage the Procurement budget and ensuring that the expenditure is within the budget.
- Effectively utilize the Performance Management System (IRBM) for the training & development of staff as well as achievement of sectional and organizational goals.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work under immense pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Excel.
- Good organizational, people and time management skills.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- A team player who is innovative and analytical and sound knowledge of Public Procurement.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Administration / Business Administration / Logistics / Supply Chain Management / Purchasing & Supply Management or equivalent.
- An MBA / MBL / MSc is a must.
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
- Full Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) membership is a must.
- At least ten (10) years working experience in Purchasing and Supply environment at management level of which 5 years should be in Public Procurement.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 13 May 2022. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
NB: All applicants who had responded to previous adverts should not apply.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.