Head Planning & Implementation
- Post Date:July 27, 2022
- Views 378
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry ICT
Reference Number : Tel20227293
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed individuals to join our Senior Management team for the position of Head Planning & Implementation.
The incumbent will report to the Technical Executive and will lead a team of engineers in planning, designing and implementation of network solutions to satisfy business and technical requirements based on the most suitable technologies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning, Designing And Implementation
- Develops TelOne Technology strategy in line with the overall business corporate Strategy.
- Designs, develops and transforms technology strategy into specific deliverable projects which avails network capacities for the business.
- Research, Designs, Plans, Develops and Commissions latest Core Network, Access Network, Backbone Network, Power and Cooling plants to meet Clients and Business Requirements.
- Formulates project implementation strategies and ensures that projects are delivered within specified parameters of scope, budget, schedule and quality.
- Develops project implementation plans that provides the basis for project monitoring and control.
- Prepares projects progress reports and provides strategic information for Management decision making.
Technology And Processes Management
- Researches on new technologies that supports new business thrust for the provision of technical support strategies.
- Develops and implements appropriate strategies for the recovery and disposal / re-use of obsolete network elements under TelOne Capital Development and capacity relief programmes.
- Leads formulation and documentation of the department policy and processes.
- Crafts and articulates strategies to ensures that service provisioning is carried out within TelOne policy framework.
- Identifies and introduces cost effective installation services by carrying out an environmental analysis on telecommunications trends and recommends profitable solutions.
- Develops cost models and templates for Corporate Solutions and tools used for pricing.
- Provides strategic directions and guidance to both internal operational functions and clients to mitigate project risks to all parties.
Planning & Operations Management
- Manages compliance with POTRAZ, EMA, Departments of roads and other stakeholder requirements for licensing, environmental, operating and technical performance.
- Represents TelOne at national, regional and international forums and consortium activities such as ITU, SATA, Standards bodies etc and assist in the preparation compilation of some technical inputs requested from TelOne.
- Develops plans for relocation and development of network plant to prevent damages by other stakeholders.
- Leads in the identification, management and documentation of enterprise wide risks that impacts on technologies.
- Develops and implements plans to identify and mitigate risk in the network to minimise disruptions to communications and safeguards telecommunications network plant and equipment.
- Champions the departmental risk assessment processes, prioritisation of risks, reviewing of risks and updates for management decision making.
- Formulates and manages development and implementation of goals, objects, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to Quality Assurance (QA) / Quality Control (QC).
- Develops, Implements, communicates and maintains a sound project planning and implementation Quality management system.
- Ensures network planning and implementation compliance with national and international standards as well as legislation.
- Implements performance management for the Technical Division in line with TelOne Corporate goals.
- Cascades performance objectives to all subordinates and reviews performance to meet key business objectives of revenue generation, revenue retention, profitability and customer satisfaction as and when necessary.
- Implements all aspects of HR functions within the department with respect to recruitment needs, training, review, personal development, performance monitoring and team building.
- Manages staffing issues that ensure members of staff are recruited, retained and developed to fulfil their potential.
- Takes responsibility for absence, disciplinary and grievance policies for the Department.
- Undertakes all people management related activities in accordance with TelOne Standards.
Qualifications / Experience
- Business Management / Telecommunications / Electronic / Computer Science Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- MBA/ MBL Degree and Post Graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Aregistered member of Zimbabwe Institute of Engineers (ZIE) / Engineering Council of Zimbabwe (ECZ)
- 6 years’ hands on experience at senior Management Level with 3 years in the telecommunications environment.
- Strong business acumen, management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with employees and stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and translate insights into action.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
If you wish to be considered for the above post, please email to: [email protected] not later than 29 July 2022.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
Please note that Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.