Head of Retail Banking
- Post Date:April 22, 2022
- Views 377
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Banking
Reporting to: The Executive Director – Banking
The Head of Retail Banking will be responsible for developing and implementing growth of retail banking business, improve sales and customer service plans and strategies to drive revenue growth for the Bank. The function is responsible For SME/Business and Executive Banking. The role is also responsible for managing operational risk while ensuring staff performance and competency development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the retail banking unit by establishing overall direction, formulate and implement retail banking strategy to achieve major positive organisational impact.
- Plan, organise, direct, control retail banking activities and resources to drive revenue growth For the Bank.
- Devise and recommend product and sales mix.
- Develop and define branch measurable business growth objectives, management processes and measures and constantly monitor results.
- Oversee entire branch network administration and operations.
- Establish policies and procedures that drive efficient operations and regulatory compliance.
- Participate in product development and implementation to provide profitable and competitive product offerings.
- Define and develop a customer-centric service-based sales culture.
- Manage operational risk in the retail banking business.
- Oversee the adequacy of the retail banking delivery channels such as branch network, Agents, and
- Alternate channels to meet the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Ensure growth in business volumes and generate new account relationships through all business segments – Personal Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking, Consumer Lending, Agency Banking, and Remittances.
- Manage employee performance and competence development to ensure delivery of business plans.
- Optimize resources to ensure efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Job and Skill Competencies:
- Excellent people management skills.
- Superior verbal & written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Solid implementation and coordination capabilities.
- Effective understanding of Financial performance management in the banking area.
- Proven track record in a customer-driven, sales, and or product innovation role.
- Self-driven and leadership acumen.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Banking, Finance, Business Studies, Business Management, Economics or equivalent.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification such as Master’s in Business Administration Degree (MBA) or MBL with a strong commercial background.
- Solid exposure (minimum of 8-10 years) in the Banking & Financial Services Sector with grounding in consumer banking, internal controls, business development, and retail business growth strategies.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume no later than 24 April 2022. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.