Head of Institute – Chisumbanje Experimental Station
- Post Date:June 30, 2021
- Views 427
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
The Public Service Commission is inviting applications to fill the vacant posts of 1 x Head of Institute – Chisumbanje Experimental Station in the Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Fisheries, Water and Rural Resettlement as detailed below:
GRADE : E5
REPORTS TO : DIRECTOR, RESEARCH SERVICES
DEPARTMENT : RESEARCH SERVICES
STATION : INSTITUTE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the formulation, implementation and review of policies and regulations on wheat, sorghum, millet and other related crops.
- Participate in the development of the budgets for funding strategies for crop research the institute.
- Provide technical input into the procurement of equipment, services and materials for experimentation on wheat, sorghum, millet and other related crops
- Co-ordinate the provision of professional and technical services on experimentation on wheat, sorghum, millet and other related crops
- Liaise with Local authorities, relevant Ministries and other stakeholders in the management of experimentation on wheat, sorghum, millet and other related crops.
- Facilitate negotiations for partnerships with other actors in experimentation on wheat, sorghum, millet and other related crops
- Provide advisory services on wheat, sorghum, millet and other related crops based on well documented experimental results.
- Prepare for the Department’s participation in National, Regional and International fora on research on wheat, sorghum, millet and other related crops.
- Maintain a database on experimentation processes and outcomes in respect of wheat, sorghum, millet and other related crops.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Crop Science, Agriculture or equivalent
- A Master’s degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage
- A minimum of six (6) years relevant experience in the crop research and experimentation field in the Officer or equivalent Grade.
- An understanding of the relevant regulations and policies; to include Cropping Policies,
- Sound knowledge of current National Development policies, Programmes and Priorities.
- Ability to communicate and network with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Ability to employ information communication technology in managing crop research.
Candidates, [especially women], with relevant long-term experience at senior levels in the private sector or in the non-state enterprises domain within and outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 11 July 2021
Warning to applicants
The Public Service Commission does not request payment at ANY stage of the application, assessment, interviewing and placement process.
Should you doubt anything, Kindly contact the Commission on: [email protected]
PUBLIC NOTICE ON EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION PROCESS
Following the new restriction measures for containment of Covid 19 pandemic, the Public Service Commission advises prospective applicants seeking employment in the Public Service to apply online. This can be done by visiting the Public Service Commission (PSC) website, http://www.psc.gov.zw/ go to ‘human resources’ on the top banner and select ‘recruitment and appointments.’ This will lead you to the registration process; or CLICK HERE
With immediate effect the PSC will not be accepting walk-ins for the purpose of registration. Applicants are encouraged to use this platform.
For any other queries from serving civil servants, members should forward these through their Human Resources Departments in Line Ministries.
Mask up, Sanitise and Social Distance!