Head of Exchange Control Services
- Post Date:June 28, 2021
- Views 414
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Location: Harare, ZW
Requisition Details & Talent Acquisition Contact: 110523 – Debbie Fuyani
Location: Zimbabwe – Harare
Cluster: Nedbank Africa Regions
Career Stream: Regulatory Compliance
Leadership Pipeline: Manage Others (MO)
Position: Head of Exchange Control Services
To manage, analyse, and monitor and report on regulatory and international best practice risk indicators, trends, typologies, controls and systems associated with money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions and exchange control risk management and compliance and its controls, to ensure risks to Nedbank Group are mitigated.
- Manage the likelihood and probability of being imposed with a regulatory risk penalty, criminal liability and/or administrative sanction, through the analyses and monitoring of risk indicators and controls and advise stakeholders
- Ensure the analysis, monitoring and tracking of regulatory risk indicators and controls by providing guidance in highlighting possible risks and ensuring regulatory obligations are met
- Provide clarity to stakeholders on analysis of risk indicators results and controls related to regulatory requirements and international best practice and advise stakeholders on appropriate outcomes
- Representing the Chief AML, CFT and Sanctions Officer on items related to monitoring and analysis of AML, CFT and Sanctions risk management at relevant governance forums, structures, meetings, engagements & regulatory interactions where required
- Manage the obtaining of statistical and transactional data from relevant systems, reports and data from subsidiaries and stakeholders to monitor the analyses and review of information to ensure accuracy of information and correct processes are followed
- Review internal controls and documentation for quality assurance and ensure corrective action is taken
- Ensure the analysis and accurate identification of risks and gaps to mitigate risks associated with money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions and exchange control
- Monitor and ensure oversight of risk indicators and controls, feedback and corrective action implemented by reviewing reports through stakeholder engagement and tabled through applicable governance forums and structures.
- Review input into new reports or enhancements to existing reports through gaps identified during analysis of risk indicators and/or controls to ensure risks are exposed and mitigated.
- Utilise resources effectively and efficiently by delegating deliverables according to specialised skills-set to ensure work is completed to correct standard and expectations.
- Ensure the downloading, preparation, sorting, interrogation and interpretation of information and data to identify relevant breached thresholds or intelligence, as to identify potential risks and trends and ensure effective risk management and compliance standards are adhered to.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders, to build and maintain collaborative relationships and ensure smooth flow of work and alignment of regulatory requirements as set out by South African Reserve Bank (SARB) and Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC)
- Review, improve and update work processes and practices to identify areas of resource inefficiencies and promote business optimisation
- Engage with stakeholders to obtain buy – in for implementation of proposed continuous improvement changes and initiatives.
- Provide professional, objective input, clarification, advice, guidance, assistance and create awareness through interaction with stakeholders, to mitigate risk, maintain collaborative relationships and meet expectations and needs of clients.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self and direct reports to improve personal capabilities and to stay abreast of developments in field of expertise
- Ensure all personal development plan activities for self and direct reports are completed to enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure self and team share knowledge of identified risks, in respect of best practice and regulatory risk requirements with stakeholders, during formal and informal interaction, so that relevant upskilling takes place
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- B.Com (Information Systems)
- Institute of Commercial Forensic Practitioners (ICFP), Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) – preferred, not essential
Minimum Experience Level
- 7-10 years working experience in a Senior Management in Exchange Control Services within the Banking/Financial Services Industry.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Business writing skills
- Compliance reporting
- Risk Management
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Identifying trends
- Building Partnerships
- Operational Decision Making
- Strategic Planning
- Business Acumen
- Stress Tolerance
Related Jobs (47)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time