Head - Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- Post Date:April 14, 2022
- Views 562
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry ICT
Reporting to: The Director General.
Location: Head Office
To provide strategic guidance on processes required for the provision of efficient and effective ICT infrastructure and services as well as assure proper maintenance, support and systems development life-cycle management thereof in line with the Authority’s mandate.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participating in the translation of CAAZ strategic and business plans into work processes.
- Formulate and or review cross-cutting and CAAZ specific policies, strategies and procedures that support the overall business plan
- Gathering ICT user requirements and consolidating strategic technological requirements for the Authority.
- Overseeing the technical and managerial aspects of the ICT function in terms of design, development, installation and maintenance of ICT systems.
- Leading and co-ordinating the design, development, implementation, support and optimization of infrastructure systems.
- Developing and implementing ICT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
- Establishing and maintaining Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) of the Authority’s information systems and data contained thereof.
- Tracking, analysing and monitoring ICT performance metrics.
- Formulating the ICT budget.
- Building an ICT platform that facilitates CAAZ’s efficient delivery of services.
- Providing technical and analytical systems analysis, design, development, and maintenance of all custom applications.
- Scanning the horizon for current ICT solutions relevant to the aviation industry and to CAAZ in particular.
- Formulating project proposals for the implementation of relevant aviation ICT solutions in CAAZ.
- Management of all ICT and related projects in CAAZ.
- Playing a consultancy role for all CAAZ divisions on all ICT related solutions.
- Setting and enforcing Quality Management System standards for systems analysis, design, development. testing and implementation.
- Ensuring that all ICT purchases undertaken within CAAZ meet user and system requirements.
- Ensuring inventory control of CAAZ ICT assets.
- Managing all ICT interventions in the organisation to ensure that they support the business.
- Implementing, maintaining and supporting all ICT systems.
- Ensuring security of all CAAZ data and ICT infrastructure.
- Development and implementation of ICT Capacity Development Plan to ensure that all internal users are trained on ICT solutions deployed within the Authority.
- Ensuring client satisfaction in support of the business strategy.
- Implementing Performance Management System in the ICT department.
- Participating in the development, implementation and maintenance of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Manage the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services, website and email provision.
- Manage regular ICT infrastructure audits and identify areas that need improvement as well as continuously upgrade hardware and software technologies in line with global trends.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology. Information Systems or Computer Science from an accredited university is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent qualification from an approved, recognised and reputable University.
- Certifications in Networking. Information Systems Security or Oracle Database Administration is a must.
- Cisco certification and/or a full MSCE will be a distinct advantage.
- Membership to a relevant professional Board is a must.
- At least 10 years work experience in an ICT environment. 5 of which should be at managerial level.
- A Project Management qualification or certification is an added advantage.
Skills and Competences
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products and its current technologies
- A thorough knowledge of computer networking (LAN, WAN). VPN, wireless connectivity technology and information security.
- A thorough knowledge of MIS implementations/conversions, Systerns Development Life Cycle, implementation and database management.
- Thorough project management skills and an ability to manage multiple ICT projects and priorities.
- Must have excellent leadership, managerial, communication and ICT skills.
- A thorough knowledge of airport automation systerns and the aviation industry is a distinct advantage.
- ICT Governance, Risk and Compliance.
Interested candidates should submit applications and their Curriculum Vitae, including certified copies of educational and professional certificates not later than 15 April 2022 to: –
Human Resources and Administration Director
Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Level 3, New Terminal Building
P. Bag 7716
The Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.