Head Industry & Consumer Affairs
- Post Date:January 19, 2022
- Views 550
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Media
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the vacant position of HEAD INDUSTRY AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS.
The position has the responsibility of crafting regulatory interventions pertaining to sector specific competition issues, consumers affairs and publicity as well as policy research and analysis.
The position reports to the Director Economics, Tariffs and Competition (ETC).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating research on tariff regulation and interventions aimed at balancing service affordability and operator viability
- Conducting research and regulatory impact assessment on regulatory decisions and interventions
- Recommending appropriate regulatory interventions to minimise the abuse of market power
- Conducting market studies to assess levels of competition covering the various service markets in the postal and telecommunication sectors
Consumer Affairs and Publicity
- Providing stewardship in consumer affairs and publicity and spearheading the development, implementation of consumer protection policies and advocacy programs
- Coordinating the handling and resolution of consumer complaints and disputes
- Serving as the primary liaison with internal and external constituencies on all matters relating to Consumer Affairs, publicity programs and projects
Policy Research and Analysis
- Coordinating research on regional and global regulatory trends.
- Coordinating the conducting of various households, business, consumer surveys, on access, availability, usage, and affordability of postal and telecommunication services
- Coordinating the production of sector performance reports as and when required
- Supporting the production of regulatory reports for stakeholders
RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Economics/Commerce Honors Degree
- Master’s Degree in Economics; Commerce; Public Policy, Business Administration/ Business Leadership,
- PHD in Business; Economic Studies, and Public Policy added advantage
- At least twelve years’ relevant work experience in the field of Economics, Commerce or Public Policy or at least ten years experience in regulatory/policy environment
- At least five years at Managerial level
- Ability to work proactively on their own, and collaboratively within a team
- Ability to solve complex problems in a logical and structured manner
- Well organised, have an eye for detail and able to deliver within demanding deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Relationship builder, with prowess to deal confidently and cordially with stakeholders
- Ability to respond quickly to client requests for information or guidance
- Flair for publicity
KNOWLEDGE, CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
- Technical skills in economics, econometrics, and quantitative analysis to design, influence and optimise economic regulation, market arrangements and government policy
- Strong financial awareness, with capability to assess efficient expenditures, allocating costs and assets, estimating the cost of capital and/or determining access charges or network tariffs
- High computer literacy and competency in using excel at an advanced level
- A solid understanding of behavioural economics and consumer engagement
REMUNERATION: An appropriate package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
All interested applicants should submit applications containing a detailed Curriculum vitae including the following information: –
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Position applied for
- Copies of academic and/or professional certificates
- Any points the applicant feels may influence selection to his/her advantage.
All applications should be submitted to:
The Director General, 1008 Performance Close, Mt Pleasant Business Park, Harare
PO. Box MP 843.Mt Pleasant, Harare
In an envelope clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR A VACANT POST – STATE POST BEING APPLIED FOR” to reach the Director General or Email: [email protected] not later than 21 January 2022.