Head – Finance
- Post Date:April 7, 2021
- Views 411
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
An exciting and challenging career opportunity has arisen within CBZ BANK LIMITED for the position of Head – Finance. If you are vigilant, results oriented and apt at both setting targets and meeting them, this is a career opening for you.
The role – What we expect from you:
- Carry out final review of half year and year-end financial packs for the Bank.
- Monitor and ensure accuracy and completeness in the adoption and analysis of new accounting standards and/or changes to the existing accounting standards.
- Review monthly management accounts and key performance indicators.
- Review advances and loans at 0% and report to management.
- Prepare and review yearly budgets and forecasts for the Bank.
- Enforce timely implementation of regulatory pronouncements and system amendments for full compliance.
- Review all regulatory returns and payments and ensure that these are submitted on time.
- Monitor reconciliations for fixed assets and timely resolve imbalances.
- Ensure periodic verification of fixed assets and amendments to the register.
- Oversee the payments function of the Bank ensuring effective and efficient management and controls.
- Ensure that reconciliations are timely done on all accounts and suppliers.
- Oversee the management of relationships for rented premises and properties of the Bank and stakeholder engagement with interested partners within and outside the group.
- Provide leadership to the department.
- Lead in promoting a conductive working culture and environment for superior team results.
- Discipline and coach staff.
Qualifications, Skills and experience required:
- Possess a relevant degree in Accounting or similar from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Should have a full professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CIS or similar.
- Have at least five years’ relevant working experience with three years being at senior manager level preferably acquired in a financial services or related environment.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and ability to relate at all levels.
- Have thorough knowledge of reporting standards, modern accounting systems and procedures.
- Should possess the ability to prepare concise, detailed and informative financial reports.
- Possess ability to multi-task and coordinate work processes at various levels.
- Willing to work under pressure and within strict deadlines.
If you meet the above criteria, you are the ideal person we are looking for. If you wish to be considered for this career opportunity email your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: [email protected] not later than Tuesday, 13 April, 2021.