The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) is inviting qualified, honest, self-motivated and experienced applicants for the post of Head, Evaluations and Registration.
Reporting to: The Director-General
The incumbent will be responsible for the following, among other duties:
- Implement the Medicines and Allied Substances Control Act 15:03 Section 26 to 41, Registration of Medicines and Allied Substances Control (Principal) Regulations S| 150 of 1991, and Complementary Medicines Regulation IS 97 of 2015 to register safe, effective and good quality Human Allopathic, Complementary Medicines and Veterinary Medicines.
- Participate in the Authority’s Strategic Planning, Financial Planning and review sessions.
- Translate the Authority’s Strategic Objectives and Financial Plans into the Evaluations and Registration (EVR) Divisional Annual Work Plans and Financial Plans (Budget).
- Implement, control, monitor and evaluate Key Result Areas (KRAs) of the EVR Division on Human Capital, Financial Resources, Internal Business Process, Customer Satisfaction and Good Corporate Governance.
- Implement regulatory decisions of the Registration Committee, Veterinary Committee and Complementary Medicines Sub-Committee.
- Maintain complete internal records of applicants.
- Align Divisional processes, procedures and practice with SADC Regulatory Harmonisation, African Medicines Regulatory Harmonisation (AMRH) initiative, WHO, OIE, ICH and VICH norms and standars and Good Regulatory Practice (GRP).
- Implement the Authority’s Regional Centre of Regulatory Excetlence (ReCoRE) Strategy in the Division and in Co-ordination with other Divisions/Units.
- Ensure scheduled stakeholder consultative meetings are conducted and provide feedback to Management, Committees and Staff.
- Provide clear and public access (website) guidelines for Registration of Human Allopathic, Complementary and Veterinary products.
- Ensure information on approved, cancelled, refused and withdrawn products is published on the organisation’s website and in the Government Gazette.
- Establish, maintain and improve the Division’s Quality Systems.
- First degree in Pharmacy or equivalent.
- Master of Science in Pharmacy or equivalent.
- Master in Business Administration is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience.
- Registered with the Pharmacist Council of Zimbabwe
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
The MCAZ is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications, experience and expected salary and benefits to:
Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe
106 Baines Avenue/ Corner Third Street
P0 Box 10559,
Closing Date: Monday, 9th May 2022
Disclaimer: The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe does not charge any fees to respondents to this advertisement nor to those who become successful. Applicants are advised to deal with caution if approached in regard to any offer to facilitate the applications process.