Head Corporate Risk & Compliance - Level 4 (1 POST)
- Post Date:March 18, 2021
- Views 539
- Qualification DegreeExperience 5-10 YearsIndustry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Head Corporate Risk & Compliance that have arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and quantifies the organisation risk appetite’ and ensures the risk approach is aligned.
- Develops, maintains and updates risk governance framework in consultation with management.
- Assists management with risk identification, assessment and development of response strategies.
- Collates, aggregates, analyzes and interprets the results of risk assessments to extract risk intelligence.
- Communicates the Risk Management and Business Continuity Plans (BCP) frameworks to all stakeholders and monitoring implementation.
- Continually drives for enhanced efficiency and client service in all risk and compliance processes.
- Coordinates risk orientation, risk assessment and action plans.
- Develops a combined risk-based assurance plan with other assurance givers such as the Office of the Auditor-General.
- Develops, manages and refines qualitative and quantitative risk reporting which meets the needs of the Board, to support effective decision-making (including reporting risk intelligence to Management and the Risk Management Committee).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory obligations whilst taking a practical approach to risk-based challenges and offer appropriate solutions.
- Assesses divisional BCPs for adequacy and comprehensiveness and ensuring that they are in sync with the Authority’s BCP.
- Ensures lines of business have risk capacity both in personnel and risk systems.
- Ensures senior management remain informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes.
- Monitors and reviews activities undertaken by departments and identify areas of improvement focusing on the Authority’s risks across functions.
- Manages the successful delivery of compliance projects ensuring technical excellence and a practical / business-driven approach.
- Partners effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, as appropriate and serving as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity.
- Prepares long-range divisional strategic plan, annual operational plan and annual financial budget for the Enterprise Risk Management portfolio embedding a positive culture of confident and informed risk-taking and disaster preparedness through education and training, communication and promotion of the agreed risk framework.
- Works closely with key stakeholders to understand the business requirement for projects and develop effective working relationships during project implementation.
- Transform the business to enable continuous operations in the Covid-19 impacted environment.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Ability to produce and present effective presentations and training sessions.
- Experience to influence behaviours at all levels of the organisation.
- Good analytical, report writing and communication skills.
- A high degree of computer literacy and data manipulation for risk profiling.
- Highly professional with thorough knowledge of Risk Management and Audit techniques.
- Must be able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge and expertise covering the conduct of business matters, corporate governance matters and regulatory risk and change matters.
- A practical and commercial approach to problem-solving.
- Proven track record of delivering enhancements to process efficiency.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Business Studies, Risk Management, Accounting, Auditing, Fiscal Studies, Finance or Economics or equivalent.
- Professional qualification e.g. CIA, CRMA, CISA, Risk Management Certificate.
- Postgraduate degree an added advantage.
- At least 5 years relevant post-graduate experience of which three years should be at managerial level.
- Knowledge of Customs and Taxes business systems, rules and regulations is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 30 March 2021. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Commissioner General
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
ZIMRA is an equal opportunity employer.