Head - Compliance
- Post Date:December 12, 2021
- Views 328
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Banking
Reporting to the Managing Director – AFC Commercial Bank Limited; the Head Compliance will be responsible for ensuring compliance with best practices, standards and risk mitigation strategies which reflect regulatory expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and enabling a compliance management function through impiementation of strategy, structure and process.
- Supporting seamless integration of compliance management and providing input and ensuring accurate reporting and articulation of compliance risks.
- Promoting a compliance culture by advising, guiding and influencing transformation and provision of compliance risk monitoring programmes.
- Conducting compliance risk and control assessments by identifying and testing existing controls.
- Providing advice and support which enables management to make informed decisions, ensuring compliance best practice, standards and risk mitigation.
- Working with stakeholders, directly and through the compliance team to propose and agree actions required to mitigate key risks.
- Advising stakeholders on possible contraventions of compliance risks or related matters that may compromise business. ‘
- Leading and motivating the compliance team in their advisory and assurance awareness activities.
- Developing policies, procedures, governance frameworks and tools with focus on relevant risk legislation.
- Leading and overseeing delivery of Compliance training and human resources development.
- Representing and coordinating compliance at relevant meetings and committees with key regulators.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Strong technical background of regulatory requirements across commercial banking.
- Strong understanding of a range of compliance frameworks with ability to present findings of compliance reviews to stakeholders.
- Strong analytical background with the ability to analyse relevant legislation, engage with business on changes and identify potential
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing across all levels of management.
- Ability to build successful relationships with a number of diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to operate effectively within a fast-paced organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Laws, Risk and Insurance/Economics/Business Studies /Accounting or equivalent.
- Diploma in Compliance or Compliance Certification
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) /MBL or relevant Master of Science (MSc) is a distinct advantage.
- At least 5 years Compliance experience in the financial services sector at senior managerial level.
- Knowledge of commercial Banking business systems, rules and regulations is a distinct added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume by no later than 14 December 2021. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Related Jobs (20)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract