- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 493
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
Location: Harare, MZ
Reference: Head Auditor – Req 107564
Closing date: 1 April 2021
Career Stream: Auditing
Leadership Pipeline: Manage Managers
To provide independent, objective risk based assurance to the Nedbank Zimbabwe Limited Board of Directors via the Audit Committee, that corporate governance, risk management and internal controls are adequate and effective to mitigate the risks.
- Ensure delivery of annual audit plan and strategy of business unit within budget and timelines by formulating and managing budget for department, through input from Finance.
- Meet productivity requirements and ensure optimal usage of time and resources by ensuring the management of actual time spent on assignments.
- Ensure annual audit plan per business unit is agreed with stakeholders, through formal engagements.
- Provide Nedbank Zimbabwe and Board Audit Committee with risk based assurance and oversee the delivery of audit reports, by managers and teams, on time, within budget and required quality standards, through managing the audit process.
- Ensure progress is monitored and strategic contributions made to various business units and provide required management information by reviewing submissions of managers and teams.
- Contribute to the oversight of Bank’s internal audit functions by ensuring that audit best practice and audit methodologies and/or approaches are adopted and through providing expert guidance for areas of specialisation e.g. it, credit or treasury.
- Keep abreast of regulatory requirements, client environment and external industry environment / trends by conducting research and engaging with stakeholders, to ensure debates and challenges are maintained at the various forums, and that annual audit plans and reports are delivered according to best practices.
- Provide independent assurance on risks that matter, through managing stakeholder expectations, ensuring that long term relationships are built and that Nedbank Zimbabwe can achieve its strategic objectives.
- Provide input into relevant committees by consolidating audit results from team members and where applicable, attend key meetings with clients, and by providing a holistic view of the key risks in their business.
- Share knowledge and expertise within Group Internal Audit (GIA) and other stakeholders during GIA meetings and external stakeholders’ engagements by surfacing trends, avoiding duplication in audit efforts and building/improving relationships.
Minimum Experience Level
- 10 – 12 years experience in auditing and/or risk environment, including 3 – 5 years senior management experience.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Chartered Accountant , MBA,MBL,Masters Degree
Type of Exposure
- Conducting and managing multiple audits simultaneously
- Conducting audits in specialist business areas
- Coaching and mentoring of others
- Managing conflict situations
- Displaying high level of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Implementing a strategic plan
- Networking and building relationships
- Managing costs against a budget
- Managing customer expectations
- Implementing and managing strategies to Group objectives
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Principles of project management
- Regulatory, Legal and Economics Principles
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Institute of Internal Auditors standards
- Internal audit policies and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant Legislation e.g. Banks Act, King III, Companies Act, BASEL – advanced
- Building Partnerships
- Decision Making
- Guiding Team Success
- Driving for Results
- Preference will be given to candidates from the underrepresented groups
To apply, please CLICK HERE
Related Jobs (16)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021