Group Head Information Technology (IT)
- Post Date:March 18, 2022
- Views 292
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry ICT
WAICA Re is one of the fastest growing reinsurance companies in Africa. WAICA Re is headquartered in Freetown (Sierra Leone) and operates through four (4) Regional Offices across Africa namely Lagos (Nigeria), Accra (Ghana), Abidjan (Céte d’Ivoire) and Tunis (Tunisia). It also has four (4) Subsidiary Companies namely, WAICA Re Zimbabwe Limited in Harare (Zimbabwe), WAICA Re Kenya in Nairobi (Kenya), an investments company namely WAICA Re Capital, Accra (Ghana) and WAICA Re (United Kingdom). WAICA Re is rated by A.M. Best with a Financial Strength Rating of B+ and a long-term Issuer Credit rating of “bbb-” with a stable outlook.
WAICA Re announces the vacancy of the position of Group Head Information Technology (IT) to be based in any of our operating countries.
The Group Head IT role is responsible for overseeing all technology operations and evaluating them according to established goals whilst ensuring that the Group is highly digitalised with the latest technologies that enable efficiency and effectiveness. Working with the Group Chief Finance Officer, the role bares the responsibility for the delivery of the Group’s IT Strategy, aligning IT deployment in a commercial and effective manner, managing the systems, maximizing adoption of technologies and delivering on any strategic business change programmes through the use of both internal and external resources.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Formulate and implement the Group IT strategy
- Research on emerging IT trends and recommend for adoption
- Formulate all relevant IT policies and procedures and design IT controls
- Formulate key strategic reports to provide the Board and Management with information for key decision making.
- Manage the installation, monitoring and troubleshooting of the Local Area Network, Private Virtual Networks and Cloud infrastructure in a bid to achieve optimal network and communications performance for office productivity.
- Manage the periodic integration of technical accounts to the financial systems through the effective execution of the General Ledger Interfacing toolkit.
- Ensure the management and supervision for the cloud infrastructure for high availability.
- Ensure the effective transmission of incoming and outgoing emails, driven by the Corporate Email Hosting platform engine.
- Manage the Corporation’s Anti-Malware and Anti-Cyber Threat Mechanisms in a bid to ensure protection of informational assets and minimisation of downtime associated with network intrusion.
- Manage the installation, maintenance and monitoring of the Corporate Server(s) deployment infrastructure to maximise server uptime and availability for connectivity by all departments.
- Manage the technical component of all core applications hosted to ensure end-users perform their respective functions speedily and accurately with a view to surpassing the budgetary targets.
- Manage the design, development, deployment and maintenance of software’s that would improve the company’s productivity as it delivers its reinsurance services.
- Create relationships with keys stakeholder i.e., Users, Vendors/ suppliers that would continuously benefit the organization
- A Degree in ICT or related field
- Master’s in business administration or ICT related field will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional ICT certification in Database Development and Administration,
- Data Analytics and Programing.
- At least 10 years relevant experience, 5 of which should be at a managerial level
- Experience in the insurance/reinsurance industry will be an added advantage
- Can demonstrate a depth of proven experience of leading an IT department
- Technically proficient in key IT technical aspects
- Knowledge in emerging technologies and trends, including Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Big data, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively to diverse stakeholders
- Good project management skills.
Interested Candidates for this role shall be required send an Application letter and a CV to: [email protected].
CVs will be shortlisted as soon as received
Closing date for application: 20 March 2022
Related Jobs (15)
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship