Group Financial Director
- Post Date:October 12, 2021
- Apply Before: November 6, 2021
- Views 255
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Banking
Banking – High Profile Sector
Be challenged and join the Financial Services Sector
We seek a well-known and respect Chartered Accountant from the business community and invite from suitably qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Group Finance Director.
The position reports to the Group Chief Executive Office and works closer across other Heads of Departments..
The Group Finance Director is the leader in the formulation and implementation of financial strategies and policies for the sustainable growth and profitability of the Group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advises GCEO, EXCO and the Board on the general business model, investment options, regulatory and compliance, capital allocation and risk management of the Group;
- Sits on the Group Board and provides leadership and guidance in relation to strategy formulation, review, coordination, tracking and reporting;
- Provides leadership in ensuring a high level of integrity in financial reporting across all Group Units;
- Provides leadership for the budgetary control process across the Group;
- Leads and guides all procurement activities in the Group by ensuring that policy, processes and approval limits are in place;
- Provides leadership for the overall expenditure and supplier payments cycle for the Group;
- Manages Group-wide statutory audit and reporting activities in liaison with external auditors, reporting actuaries, property valuators and SBU Finance Executives;
- Leads and provides input for stakeholder engagement activities for instance, investors, analysts and regulators.
- Champions the capital planning activities of the Group and leads in capital raising activities;
- Champions the development of new business opportunities such as investment opportunities, mergers and acquisitions and business partnership.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be a holder of an Accounting/Finance Degree;
- Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant (CA);
- MBA/MBL or equivalent is an added advantage;
- At least 10 years relevant experience of which 5 must be at a senior level.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strategic thinker who can operate at Board level;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Good Corporate Governance, compliance and legislative practice;
- Strong negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills
- High degree of integrity
This challenging and well recognised role in the banking and financial services sector offers an exciting career with excellent conditions offered – email Colin Roberts at: [email protected]
Related Jobs (17)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time
Vehicle Licensing Controller – Southern (Bulawayo) on October 21, 2021 Full Time