Group ERM Senior Manager
- Post Date:April 6, 2021
- Views 338
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
WE ARE HIRING, GROUP ERM SENIOR MANAGER
An exciting career opportunity has arisen within CBZ Holdings Limited for the position of Group ERM Senior Manager. If you are a strategic thinker with strong collaborative skills and have passion and drive for risk management within a large set up, this is a career opening for you.
The role – what we expect from you:
- Analyse the Group’s strategy and align risk assessments with business units and functional objectives to promote embedding of risk principles from both operational and strategic perspectives.
- Provide leadership, innovation, governance, and management oversight necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the Group’s risk.
- Establish collaborative relationships with key business owners to assist in the development, assessment and monitoring of mitigation plans for enterprise risks to ensure all risks are managed to an acceptable level;
- Draft policy documents, procedure manuals and enhance ERM policies, practices, and tools to analyze and report enterprise risks, and to manage risks according to the enterprise risk management framework;
- Develop risk profile reports for each risk unit, analyzes risk information, and issue the official risk summary report periodically;
- Develop and provide organizational ERM training and create awareness through regular ERM training material updates,
- Train ERM liaisons to focus on the identification of the most significant risks that could affect their ability to achieve and realize their business strategy and objectives;
- Ensure the organization’s risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, rating agency standards, and strategic imperatives of the organization;
- Provide key inputs into the Group’s Risk Committee that oversees the ERM process and ensures alignment with organizational objectives;
- Centralize the responsibility to measure, monitor and control risk from actions of employees or customers, or due to other external factors;
- Analyze and classify risks as to frequency and potential severity, and measures financial impact on the organization;
- Craft and customise standard recommended risk frameworks (such as Group ERM integrated framework) for CBZ Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries;
- Coordinate the implementation of risk management frameworks with other Risk Management functions, subsidiaries and other Group support functions; and
- Set risk appetite framework and risk tolerance thresholds in line with established Group strategy
- Perform periodic risk reviews and assessments at subsidiary level and making presentations to senior management;
- Standardize risk review and assessment process by developing templates and data quality standards;
- Maintain a risk management database and coordinating with Group IT to optimize data storage and retrieval for risk analysis across all subsidiaries;
- Manage the identification and assessment of enterprise risks, including strategic, operational, and key initiative risks, and works with the appropriate functional risk units and project teams to balance these risks with rewards and develop action plans to enhance the likelihood that desired objectives will be achieved;
- Drive the risk assessment process associated with strategic decisions and emerging risk across the enterprise;
- Lead all risk assessment sessions related to the key Bank products and projects in order to identify any project risks early in the process in order to minimize surprises and increase project efficiency
- Oversee the adherence to Basel II/III and Solvency II requirements as applicable, by subsidiaries;
- Promote the maintenance of good working relationships between subsidiaries ND relevant regulatory bodies, and reporting all compliance issues to senior management;
- Analyse all disclosures made by subsidiaries to align same to underlying risks and validating all risk measurement frameworks and tools;
- Develop reporting templates and dashboards for integrated risk reporting;
- Sensitize stakeholders to the importance active risk management and embracing ERM
- Implement effective structures, systems, policies and procedures to manage the division.
- Provide leadership and guidance to subordinates towards attainment of the Unit’s goals.
- Groom subordinates to ensure effective succession planning at all levels.
Qualifications, Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of Risk Management, Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics or in business related major.
- Motivated self-starter and an active learner.
- Professional certification such as CFA, FRM, CQF, PRIMIA a must.
- 10+ years Risk Management experience.
- Experience with risk management systems such as Accelerate, CURA or others and rolling them out in Group setting.
- Experience with Group Risk Reporting.
- Knowledge of analytical risk models, and the development of risk dashboards and associated metrics to identify and quantify organization risks and present actionable conclusions to executive management.
- Risk management experience including acquaintance with risk management governance and controls.
- Solid knowledge of financial lending, insurance and investments, regulations and requirements.
- Good understanding of the Basel III, Solvency II, IFRS 9 and IFRS 7 frameworks.
- Good understanding of standard ERM frameworks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strategic and tactical analysis, consultative, decision making and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
If you wish to be considered for this career opportunity email your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: [email protected] not later than Monday, 12 April 2021