Group Development Finance Director
- Post Date:December 2, 2021
- Views 389
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
The Industrial Development Corporation of Zimbabwe Limited (IDCZ) is a Development Finance Institution whose mandate is to establish and conduct industrial undertakings, facilitate, promote, guide, and assist in the financing of new industries and existing industrial undertakings.
The Corporation wishes to recruit a dynamic, well qualified and experienced person to fill the position of Group Development Finance Director. Reporting to the General Manager, the Group Development Finance Director is responsible for the Corporation’s resources mobilisation and lending, the structuring of the Corporation’s loan and equity participation in greenfield and/ or brownfield corporates.
This is a very Senior Executive Level position.
The Lending Function
The Corporation is statutorily mandated to facilitate, promote, guide and assist in the financing of new industries and existing industrial undertakings. It acts as a catalyst for the country’s industrial development by providing funding to third party proposals in the manufacturing and value adding sectors of the economy. The key responsibilities will, inter alia, involve the following: –
- Resource Mobilisation from the Shareholder and from the market, both local and offshore
- Develop and implement appropriate Credit administration and management policies and systems
- Develop and implement appropriate Risk management policies and systems, from loan origination to recovery
- Develop and implement loan recovery policies and systems
- Evaluate and monitor the state of the operating environment and its impact on lending activities and on existing investments with a view to mitigating any negative impact, and securing necessary policy support
- Gathering and maintaining market knowledge; customer experiences, needs and attitudes, and competition landscape
- Maintaining industry awareness through proactive networking in order to develop industry best practices and provide value adding feedback to all relevant stakeholders
- Effective oversight over all subordinate structures
- Contribute to the development and successful implementation of the Corporation’s overall strategic plans and long-term goals
- Drive resource mobilization initiatives to fund the Corporation’s bankable projects pipeline, group investment portfolio and third party customers through loans and/or equity on a case by case basis or wholesale
- Planning, execution, controlling and closing any industrial project being worked on by the teams, be it by the Corporation itself or in joint- venture partnership with technology, market access and equity partners
- Identification, development and implementation of projects for the rehabilitation, expansion or modernization of existing group investments or third-party project proposals through loan funding and/or equity participation as a venture capitalist
The successful candidate should possess a verifiable track record, exposure and understanding in the following areas: –
- Knowledge and exposure to operations of development finance institutions; banking operations and risk management.
- Knowledge of credit management and related compliances with applicable regulations.
- Competency in Trade Finance, Project Finance, Infrastructure Finance, Financial Modelling and Resource Mobilisation.
- Appreciation of global economic trends, industry and sector trends, and an appreciation of Zimbabwe’s National Economic Policy framework, National Industrial Development Policy and the National Investment Policy and how they relate to the mandate of the Corporation.
- Possess an entrepreneurial flair and business acumen.
- Dynamic and results driven, with sound leadership and people skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A degree in Banking and Finance or related discipline; Development Finance; Banking; Risk Management; Investments .
- A relevant Masters degree in Finance.
- Membership of relevant Professional bodies
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in a development finance and/or venture capital environment; banking and/or financial institution environment, with at least 5 years in a Senior Managerial position.
Written applications with at least two traceable references and Curriculum Vitae, should be submitted no later than 3 January 2022 by email to [email protected]
Related Jobs (65)
Assistant Bursar x 3 & Administrative Assistant x 2 on January 19, 2022 Contract
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract