Grants, Integrity, Compliance and Accountability (GICA) Manager
- Post Date:April 7, 2021
- Views 357
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
Reports to: Executive Director
Base: ZIMCODD Head Office – Harare
The Zimbabwe Coalition on Debt and Development is seeking to recruit an experienced professional to assume the role of Integrity, Compliance and Accountability (GICA) Manager. The GICA Manager will support the Executive Director in the GICA operationalisation of the Strategic Framework for Grants management, Integrity, Compliance and Accountability (Strategic Framework).
The Zimbabwe Coalition on Debt and Development, ZIMCODD, is a socio-economic justice coalition preoccupied with the quest for Social and Economic Justice established in February 2000 to facilitate citizens’ involvement in making public policy and practice pro-people and sustainable. Its specific objectives are:
- To raise the level of economic literacy among ZIMCODD members to include views and participation of grassroots and marginalized communities;
- Facilitate research, lobbying and advocacy in order to raise the level of economic literacy and fiscal transparency on issues of debt, national/municipal budgets, trade and sustainable development;
- Formulate credible and sustainable economic and social policy alternatives; develop a national coalition,
- Facilitate the building of a vibrant movement for social and economic justice in Zimbabwe.
Key Duties and responsibilities
This position reports directly to the Executive Director. The GICA Manager will leverage his/her knowledge and skills to:
- Develop and monitor the ZIMCODD Grants Matrix;
- Develop and implement a risk management matrix to minimise risk and maintain accountability to stakeholders;
- Address all compliance issues with funding partners;
- Assist in managing funding partners expectations and relations;
- Manage Sub- Grantees- including developing MOUs and compliance by the sub grantees.
- Develop and implement a strategic framework for integrity, compliance and accountability for ZIMCODD;
- Operationalize Integrity, Compliance and Accountability procedures and policies;
- Regularly review and maintain Standard Operating Procedures to improve internal compliance to operations within ZIMCODD;
- Train staff on integrity, ethics, enterprise risk and compliance issues;
- Collaborate with internal staff to ensure controls are sufficient and surpass guidelines for the security of information and system workflows;
- Manage assessments and investigations of any alleged violations related to ZIMCODD activities and regulations;
- Develop, maintain, update and implement risk register for ZIMCODD in consultation with the Executive Director;
- Make recommendations and assist the Executive Director to ensure ZIMCODD is an organisation with high integrity, accountability and compliance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A first degree and postgraduate qualification in a related field preferably, Finance, Internal Audit or Project Planning/Management, Governance, Business Administration;
- At least three (3) years or more in a role that covered a significant number of the Functions;
- Experience in resolving complaints and grievances using negotiation, mediation and other non-litigation conflict resolution techniques;
- Excellent research and audit skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to clearly and concisely prepare, present, discuss and defend issues, findings and recommendations at senior levels and to produce complex and compelling briefs, reports and papers;
- High ethical standards and an uncompromising sense of integrity, ethics, personal responsibility, ambition and accountability;
- Comprehension of development issues relevant to Zimbabwe;
- Knowledge on role and responsibilities of integrity offices, ethics offices, compliance offices and independent accountability mechanisms;
- Knowledge of environmental and social safeguards and related compliance.
Deadline: 16 April 2021