Grants and Compliance Officer
- Post Date:August 16, 2021
- Views 500
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Grants and Compliance Manager
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions. OPHID is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post of Grants and Compliance Officer.
The Grants and Compliance Officer will be responsible for coordinating and executing risk-based compliance reviews for OPHID and its sub-recipients to enable compliance with funder rules and regulations, statutory laws, contractual obligations and internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinating compliance reviews including the assigned team, according to agreed processes and being responsible for overall conduct of the assignment allocated;
- Assessing OPHID and its sub-recipients to ensure that they have adequate systems, policies, and procedures in place for them to be able to efficiently administer donor funds;
- Identify risks that relate to OPHID and its sub-recipients and complete risk-based compliance reviews;
- Verify that all documentation and audit trails is complete and compliant for OPHID and its sub-recipients;
- Report and present findings and provide recommendations for solutions in relation to any areas of internal control weaknesses and areas for improvement;
- Coordinating compliance visits to sub-recipients to ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations with guidance from the Grants and Compliance Manager;
- Ensuring that all documents pertaining to all projects and audit files are ready for external audit;
- Conducting investigations on reported compliance issues;
- File all grants and compliance related documents and correspondences in a systematic manner;
- Maintaining good working relationships with staff and own team members;
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Grants and Compliance Manager.
- A degree in Accountancy or equivalent;
- Studying towards professional qualification such as ACCA, CIS, CIMA, CA;
- At least three years’ experience in auditing;
- Knowledge of various applicable Zimbabwe laws and regulations is required;
- Organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- High level of numeracy and ability to pay attention to detail;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency and competency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Step 1: Complete the application here
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 21 August 2021
Related Jobs (21)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time