Grant Accountant (Harare)
- Post Date:May 6, 2021
- Views 778
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs.
World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Please be advised that the position is contingent upon contract award and client approval.
Title: Grant Accountant
World Vision seeks to recruit a qualified Grant Accountant for an anticipated Education in Emergencies and DRR action in Zimbabwe, to be funded by ECHO. World Vision and its partners (consortium) will support the strengthening of disaster preparedness, early response and access to inclusive education in protective environments in five disaster-prone districts of Zimbabwe. The Grant Accountant willperform grant accounting and budgetary functions for the action, and ensure that there is conformity with World Vision International reporting requirements and the stringent compliance standards established by the donor or government or regulatory agency to minimize incidences of any disallowed costs and/or significant expenditure variances.
- Prepare and submit timely, accurate and complete grants financial reports to internal and external users/donors.
- Prepare analysis of grant expenditure for management action to help in monitoring the burn rate of various grants.
- Ensure grants/projects reports are discussed with the project team within the required time schedule.
- Ensure that projects annual budgets are posted in SUN6 for grants handled
- Work on other assignments as may be assignee by the Finance Manager from time to time
- Load grants reports in FFR database
- Review and where necessary provide appropriate expense codes for accurate posting of expenses.
- Support and participate in year- end processes
- Attend program technical meetings and give feedback and updates on financial aspect of the assigned grant(s).
Budget Monitoring & Funds Monitoring
- Ensure high quality standards are maintained in our budget development (proposal, grant and matches) in co-ordination with program personnel.
- Assist Program in linking Grant Budgets to Grant Work-plans, so that the activities to be undertaken in the program matches to the budget.
- Monitor and review activities to ensure that only budgeted costs have been incurred.
- Monitor Project expenses against the approved budget
- Reconcile LDRs with payroll for the project staff under grants
- Ensure donor regulations are adhered to for the assigned projects
- Support and coordinate grants end closure processes
- Monitor and review Co-partners/Implementing partners’ activities to ensure that only budgeted costs have been incurred.
- Follow up with Finance Manager to ensure obligated funds are duly committed on PBAS by the Support Office to ensure smooth running of the action activities.
- Prepare and submit accurate funding requests to donors on a timely basis.
- Take lead in Grants/project donor spot checks
- Coordinate Grants/Projects external Audits
- Ensure any Audit recommendation affecting area of responsibility are cleared within 90days after issuance of audit report (both internal & external)
- Play active role in maintenance of internal controls by ensuring laid down procedures are followed and Zero tolerance to Fraud is adhered to.
- Ensure all financial documents are filed and files are available for audit. This would include financial records and contract agreements.
- Work with auditors to retrieve the sampled documents from files.
- Assists auditors to receive required information from other departments, for example Supply Chain department, P&C and Finance Office during audit.
- Contribute to acceptable and timely audit reports through provision of required feedbacks during the audit processes.
- Ensure all copies of final signed Grant agreements documents between WVZ donors and sub- recipients are available on file.
- Ensure good storage of financial reports and records in line with the World Vision Zimbabwe and donor requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Commerce/Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant an added advantage
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Finance and grants management
- Previous grant accounting and budget preparation experience with donor funding is preferred.
- Requires good communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to make oral presentations in the donors’ language.
- Must have ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national staff.
- Strong ability to train local staff capacity.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and a high degree of professional integrity.
- The ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and with good supervisory skills, be a self-starter, team builder, innovative and demonstrate the capacity for maintaining high professional standards.
- Should demonstrate experience working with computerized accounting system and especially Sun System.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 7 May 2021