Graduate LIMS Officer
- Post Date:October 22, 2021
- Views 241
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry ICT
The Biomedical Research and Training Institute (BRTI) is implementing a 5-year US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (CDC-PEPFAR) funded Laboratory Systems Strengthening (LSS) program in Zimbabwe from 2021 to 2026. This is in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) Directorate of Laboratory Services, and AIDS and TB program’s national strategic objectives. The LSS program will expand laboratory capacity and enhance access to high quality testing towards achievement of the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals.
Roles and responsibilities
The position will support the implementation, maintenance, and development of LIMS in Zimbabwe; The Technician is expected to have knowledge in primarily Hardware, Networking, Server, and Information systems support which includes:
- LIMS, applications and other information systems installation and configuration;
- Hardware support, maintenance, and backups;
- Desktop support in a Microsoft environment including hardware, software, and printers both on-site and remotely General desktop support;
- Site hardware setup and configuration (additionally knowledge on USB, Network printers and Zebra printers will be advantageous);
- Inspect LAN/WAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems / bugs;
- Perform configuration of network devices such as routers, Wireless access points, network attached storages and printers;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and resolving hardware or software issues;
- General system administration responsibilities joining workstations to Active Directory managed domains, configuring user profiles, access and roles and dealing with password issues.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a Computer Science or IT related field required;
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Informatics an added advantage;
- 1- 2 years’ experience in an IT support role in a health laboratory environment or related LIMS or health information system experience preferred;
- Experience in LIMS configuration or maintenance preferred;
- Experience developing configuring LIMS software and related tools preferred;
- Experience with medical laboratory IT systems architecture and integration with other health information systems, an added advantage;
- Working knowledge of MS windows operating systems.
Candidates can submit their detailed CVs, motivation letter, proof of prior experience and proficiency in the stated assignment, salary indication and 3 professional references to:
The Human Resources Officer,
Biomedical Research and Training Institute (LSS COP 21),
10 Seagrave Road,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 29 October 2021
Related Jobs (7)
3 (Three) x Information and Communication Technology Coach on December 6, 2021 Full Time